RAYVEN'S REIGN
an 18+ fantasy sandbox rpg
Switch Account

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Grave News, Freedom - Invite Only
Szethe L'tanshié
 Posted: Jul 22 2016, 08:38 PM

N/A
62 posts
ARACHNIDA "PRIME SPIDER"
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

It was a damp moonless night, the skies were overcast and this god forsaken place required some tender love and care. However that wasn't Szethe's job and though he rarely left his home, every once in a while he found it necessary as it meant he wouldn't drift too far from humanity. Not that he was ever human, it was just a saying. Now with the age of magic in full bloom, sword and sorcery left much to be desired. Yet he used this to do what he willed, superstition and the divine very much real. Licking his smooth lips under a shadowed dull green hood, his eyes peered around him at the half dilapidated grave stones and thick foliage. The damp just ushered in a light mist that made the place a little more eerie and yet it only allowed him to let his smile run wider.

Letting his legs vanish into the long grass and weeds, his rear covered by an overly ornate cross with the etching that Ulfric Iriksson who died gloriously in battle. The living always had a way of embellishing the truth, as Szethe doubted the man actually died gloriously. Glory was for the living, no matter what would-be believers sung. Settling down, covered in a wide cloak, his upper body covered lack leather that hid pieces of plate. The only visible weapons he had were numerous daggers strapped to his bracers and belts, a large pouch hidden upon his lower back to pay the messenger if all went well. From where he sat, it made him seem a little above average height. His sharp blue eyes staring at the most discrete entrances to the graveyard. Given how boring it was just to wait, he began to murmur to himself, almost in song as his voice drifted into an eloquent harmony.

"Hope for the wanting, Life for the needy..."
^
Freedom
 Posted: Jul 22 2016, 08:53 PM

Luna
261 posts
Elf
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
I'm looking for Freedom and to find it cost me everything I have...

Owing someone a favor always stuck in her throat like a stone. There wasn't much that she hated more, but she couldn't bring herself to back out on a favor owed unless it was an absolute suicide mission. This was a simple delivery. That small voice in the back of her mind reminded her that simple could always go very badly.

Sighing at her own mind, she stood outside the overgrown graveyard, her eyes lifting to the sky to check the time. She never wore a time telling device in all her years. They were burdensome, noisy and rarely accurate. The sun and stars told her as much if not more with a glance then all the clocks in the world could ever tell her. It was a few moments before time for her meeting. Pulling her shadows close around her, as well as her cloak, she slipped through the least visible entrance, hugging tight to one of the walls. The man, she assumed from his size and build that he was a man at least, stood near one of the ornate cross.

She stood in the shelter of her shadows for a few minutes more, taking in the view of his knives. Hers were hidden in her shadows and in sheaths scattered over her body. She was always well armed even if she didn't appear it. The elf carefully stepped up to the man, keeping a safe distance away. "You here for Grifters package?" The elf kept her voice low, for privacy more than to try to sound intimidating. No one passing by or out deeper in the graveyard needed to know what business they were doing. Her inhumanly green eyes lifted to the man, watching him for any indication that he was going to go for a weapon or try anything even slightly out of line.

--------------------
Freedom is what you do
• with whats been done to you •
^
Szethe L'tanshié
 Posted: Jul 22 2016, 09:29 PM

N/A
62 posts
ARACHNIDA "PRIME SPIDER"
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

"... oh timeless are the woes of the weary"

Szethe had continued to murmur his song, it wasn't something many heard nowadays as he had stopped performing countless millenia ago and even as he noticed an odd shadow darting. He did not stop, only raising a hand as the one made herself known, two fingers as if to ask for a moment of silence. His other hand moving to his lower back, then pausing as he glanced toward the stranger. Those eyes were intriguing he thought to himself, though he was no formless spawn whom wished to devour what they had found pretty or enticing. He only smiled and tilted his head, the hood upon him moving oddly as his pointed ears pressed against the folds of cloth.

"You're the courier? No, you don't seem the type... and I can smell life's copper off you. Shadier still, whatever the case. Show us the item and I'll pay you gladly"

Sniffing the air lightly, the fact that blood clung and no matter how much you washed it always lingered. Which is why creatures like him understood death to such a degree. His hand still hovering at his side and a wicked smile upon his lips, sharp blue orbs staring back at her greens. He was lucky that it was mist covered and dark among other things as it hid his monstrous self. Though everything within his line of sight was within his killing circle, Szethe felt as that was unnecessary given the intelligence he could gleam from those eyes. The item in question wasn't big nor cumbersome, however it was a relic of kind that was said to have the odd ability to render thoughts visible to the naked eye. If this person had it on her and it worked, well, she would realize that Szethe was discerning how delicious she would be drained of essence.
^
Freedom
 Posted: Jul 22 2016, 09:56 PM

Luna
261 posts
Elf
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Her mind had been listening to the soft tune he had been singing. It wasn't one she knew, but something about it struck her as familiar. Perhaps the tune or the styling of it. His words drew her from her musings. Not the type? He was accurate on that. She didn't know what she was delivering or why the oddity of her not being a regular courier struck him, but it wasn't her problem. Her eyes did narrow at him a bit when he mentioned the smell of copper. He meant blood, that much she knew without a doubt. There was a good chance, the person she was dealing with wasn't human. She'd had a job a few days ago to put down a slaver. She'd done it with joy but she'd had to get information from Grifter on the man's route, which had lead her here. Her hand moved under her cloak, reaching inside her shadows and pulling out a small box. She'd been told not to open it and for once, she hadn't. She had no interest in getting mixed up in Grifter's games. His guild played by rules she didn't like. The Red Dagger Guild had some morals and some honor, but Grifter? He had none.

Shaking back the edge of the cloak, she extended her gloved hand, her uncovered fingertips showing the paleness of her skin. The black leather that wrapped the lower parts made her skin almost seem to glow with light. Her porcelain skin gave the expectation that she was smooth and unmarred from one end to the other, but like many things about her, that was a lie. "Grifter didn't say anything about me getting paid for this, I'm just doing him a favor, but I'll never turn down coin for a nights works." So far she had been focusing on him and his hands, being able to see in the dark made it easy for her. As far as she was aware there was no need for her eyes to need to roam past that into the grass behind him. "Grifter said to tell you his debt was paid after this." She didn't know what the debt was and she didn't ask.

--------------------
Freedom is what you do
^
Szethe L'tanshié
 Posted: Jul 22 2016, 10:27 PM

N/A
62 posts
ARACHNIDA "PRIME SPIDER"
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

"Grifter didn't tell you much about this job did he... Not smart, even for one such as yourself. But, perhaps there was another reason for him to have sent you"

Szethe said, his voice and accent spoke of English descent as he stopped his hands and reached out toward hers. Taking the box, he made no move for anything other than to open it with those slender fingers of his. Perhaps she would notice that they were too picturesque to be those of a humans, though he doubted she would take interest as he broke the near imperceptible wax seal on the box itself. Inside, Szethe hoped was the relic however all he could hear was a light sizzling sound and his eyes widened before he threw it with supernatural speed away from the both of them.

As it smashed against a crypt wall where it ruptured into a infernal ball of fire and white powder, Szethe had reached out to grab her hand to shield her from enveloping cloud of dust and poison with his cloak. His speed was that of a arachnids burst of speed and even though she tried to dodge, he gripped her well before she could move away. The very stone and earth itself was being eaten away by the powder and the explosion took out a six foot square wall. If he had left it alone, he could have actually been injured or lost his sight for a while. This made him sneer as he looked toward the woman as he felt the reliable touch of steel.

"Indeed... debts paid huh, but why did he want to include you in the blast. Now, will you put down the knife before I get upset and believe me, you don't want to see me upset"

Stating this sternly as he tore off his cloak, throwing it away as the dust began to eat through it as well. Revealing a Elven face, hawk nose and clear eyes with pointed ears. He was said to be handsome and had used such a charming demeanor to lure countless people into his den. However at this point in time, his features held discontent and smoldering rage. Not that he sounded like he was angry, he wasn't even breathing heavily however the scent of sweet hemlock drifting from him readily. Szethe also kept his grip on her firm as the landscape around them wasn't too safe. One thing that was not planned was that the explosion was causing the mist to drift apart, soon she may realize what she stood next to, however for now it should be fine unless she moved around too much.
^
Freedom
 Posted: Jul 22 2016, 10:41 PM

Luna
261 posts
Elf
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Freedom frowned a bit when he didn't just take it. She watched as his fingers moved to open the box. Those fingers didn't speak to someone who did much manual labor or anything that would put callouses on them. The palm of her hand was covered in them from hundreds of years of practice with her weapons, but she would put money on his palms being very smooth.

"Between you and I, I try to stay out of the details of Grifter's business. I'm not a good person, but he does stuff that even makes my skin crawl. I wouldn't exactly call us... friends either." For all she knew, Grifter had sent her because he was lazy. That wouldn't surprise her either, because he was that. It was probably one reason he did his work the way he did. The seal on the box broke and her ears twitched picking up the sound too. The speed with which the man moved, surprised her. Her eyes followed the box as he throw it, her feet moving to put space between her, him and it.

When his hand grabbed her arm, she pulled a blade out of her shadows, the blade laid back against her forearm, ready to strike in a moment's notice. Her hood had flow back in the explosion and movement, her black hair blowing in the wind now, her own ears showing as she stared at the elven looking man who had hold of her. The blade came against his arm where he held onto her, giving him a none too subtle hint to let go of her.

Freedom didn't have an answer to his question. She could make quite a few guesses though. Giving her arm a jerk, she snarled at him. Elves made her unsettled and angry. "I have no idea why he sent me. I know there's no love lost between us. I told you, I was just doing him a favor cause I was going to be out this way. But as for your other question, no, I will not put the knife down, not until you get your slimy elven hand off of my arm." She jerked her arm then, trying to get her arm free. "If you don't want to remove it, I'll remove it for you. Painfully."

--------------------
Freedom is what you do
^
Szethe L'tanshié
 Posted: Jul 22 2016, 10:56 PM

N/A
62 posts
ARACHNIDA "PRIME SPIDER"
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

His hand was like a vice grip, though he didn't have calluses, it was more toward the fact that they didn't stay long. Given his regeneration, along with what he was, it meant that scars and other such deformities outside of what he was would never stay. Then as she became disgruntled, he also matched her ire given that he wasn't quite in the same mindset on whether or not she was lying. Laughing now, almost gurgling from deep within his chest, Szethe just sneered and stood up as he lifted her into the air.

One would have thought that he was going to stand to a height of six foot, instead he never paused. Seven feet, eight, until she hung around twelve feet above the ground with his hand still crushing her arm. His armored legs digging into the earth, chitin splintering graves and stone as he took a deep breath. His eyes sharpening on her as he tried to calm himself, he didn't like racists and it was strange to find such in something that was kin to an Elf or was one. Shaking his rear from the grave, it was obvious now that he was a giant half arachnid creature and that he wasn't in an entirely happy mood.

"Just put the knife down and I'll let you go, otherwise, I jump several hundred meters into the air with you in tow... Now, let us be civil. I just saved you from a form of powdered death"

He said softly, though if she tried to cut him or his hand, he would grab her with his other hand and they would both find themselves soaring through the night skies. Szethe hoped he wouldn't need to do such, he wanted an ally for what he had plans for, someone who could show him where Grifter was so that he could rip his leg off and stuff it up his ass. No, that was anger speaking through his mind, he needed to be above this. So he smiled lightly as he waited for an answer. His arachnid chitin a dark shade of black, so much so that a hue of blue could be seen vibrantly within it's armored surface.
^
Freedom
 Posted: Jul 22 2016, 11:09 PM

Luna
261 posts
Elf
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

As he stood up, her eyes went wide, going down to his legs. Where there should have been two rather long elf legs there were more. Far many more. Her heart began to thud in her chest as his body was revealed to her. She wanted to scream, to run from the place and not stop running until she was on the far coast and on a boat sailing far away from this horrid place. It seemed to be strangled in her throat, a terrified croak almost coming from her. Her body trembling as he held her in a vice grip high off the ground.

When he shook himself free of the grave, she began to feel lightheaded like she might pass out. She probably hadn't been able to take in a breath since he began to show himself, her chest was so tight with fear. Spiders. By the fifty hells she hated spiders. She hated elves, but not nearly as much and heights. This might qualify as one of the worst nights of her life. Easily. His threat to take her hundreds of feet into the air had her shaking her head, a small terrified yelp left her at the idea. The knife disappeared into her shadows as quick as it had come and she held her hand up to show him it was empty now. "Just... just... let me go."

She was still struggling, to be free of him, but looked down and stilled herself, staring at the ground. "Actually... if you could put me down on the ground. That would be better than just letting me go." Her voice was shaking and fear was rolling off her in waves. A small part of her was ashamed that this... thing had terrified her so, but everyone had a weakness. She was facing three of hers at one time. "I don't know what you are or how an elf came to be as such, but I want no part of this." She knew as soon as he let her go and her feet were on the ground, she'd be running as fast as her elven speed would take her.

--------------------
Freedom is what you do
^
Szethe L'tanshié
 Posted: Jul 22 2016, 11:27 PM

N/A
62 posts
ARACHNIDA "PRIME SPIDER"
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

When her eyes widened at what he was or what his legs appeared to be, it made him tingle inside with excitement much like every time he feels fear from another. However she didn't attack him like she had promised, which was disappointing to a degree. Szethe had been interested in whether or not she could fly, he doubted it, however she was using some kind of magic as he couldn't discern where her items were coming from or going to.

"Come now, won't you give thanks for keeping you from becoming disfigured?"

He relished in the yelp she gave and was tempted to scare her some more, lick her or something, yet he abstained from such. She wasn't a courier and smelled of blood, if she fought hard, he may not come out of the fight unharmed. Though that would be the same for her, given that he already had her hand. Licking his lips almost in anticipation while she looked downward and stilled herself.

"Afraid of heights? or afraid of falling onto my legs... I should feel offended, but I can see you're distraught. Perhaps I should offer you some tea"

Taking a breath, now that he was calmer, he blew air slowly toward her to get her attention. Of course it was due to the offer for tea, or so he wanted her to think. She was like a deer noticing a hunter and about to dart uncontrollably away from him if he were to let go of her. So he discretely threaded webbing imperceptible, stronger steel around her left calve and her boot. It wouldn't be sticky, however he would lower her down to the ground and let it drag for at least sixty feet before he would reel her back in. Hopefully she wouldn't run and would settle down, otherwise the night would just get more amusing for him.

"Now calm down and sit, we have much to discuss... Miss?"
^
Freedom
 Posted: Jul 22 2016, 11:41 PM

Luna
261 posts
Elf
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

When he asked her for thanks, she gave a soft chuckle. "Sure, glad to. Thank you for not letting me get blown up. Would sort of ruin all the effort if you let me break on the ground don't you think?" Her eyes were locked on the ground and how far she was from it. It was one thing when she was in control, jumping from building to building or looking out a window, but she wasn't in control of this. Even if she managed to roll, she'd likely twist or break something and those types of injuries took time even for an elf to heal. She licked her lips, trying to get some moisture in her dry mouth.

The air coming towards her made her look over towards him. Had he just offered tea? She looked at him, her terrified mind momentarily confused. "I think I'll pass. I'm not much of a tea drinker. I prefer whiskey. Or even whiskey in my tea, but I'm afraid I need the strong stuff right now." The moment he sat her down and let go of her, she was running. Her shadows closed in around her, hoping to hide her from view if he tried to follow her. She darted from shadow to shadow. She was sure she was gaining ground and was going to get away from this monster when she felt something pull sharply at her left foot.

She hit the ground face first as she was jerked backwards. A scream of fear left her, but she slowly began to get angry, trying to sit up and slice the webbing on her boot and get free, but she was moving faster and faster, slamming into rocks and tombstones as she found herself racing back towards him. When she stopped moving, she stayed on the ground, groaning in pain. It felt a bit like she was a rug that had the dust beaten off of it over the fence. When he spoke, she began to push herself up, trying in vain to dust herself off. "No miss. Names Freedom. No there's not a last name or anything. Just Freedom. Not Miss Freedom either. I don't stand with all these title type of things. What do we have to discuss?" She finally looked up at him, clearly still afraid, but trying to play it off now that she was on the ground and aching. It gave her a distraction. "I didn't know Grifter was going to try to off us. I sure as fifty hells wouldn't have signed on for a suicide mission. So I don't know what you need me for."

--------------------
Freedom is what you do
^
Szethe L'tanshié
 Posted: Jul 22 2016, 11:59 PM

N/A
62 posts
ARACHNIDA "PRIME SPIDER"
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

He was about to say that whiskey would be doable until he heard her dash away, he sighed and just stood there waiting for a few moments before clenching the webbing tightly before tugging. He could have tugged harder, faster and to the point where she would have been brained on a tome stone for all he knew. However he didn't, just strong singular motions as if pulling on a ships riggings. Though the scream that echoed through the darkness only made his own heart beat harder as he tried to keep his amusement to himself. Freedom was trying to keep herself distracted, calm and collected like a professional.

"I would love to give you a title, but if you don't like it. I will stay my words at Freedom"

Wanting to point out that it was ironic that she was now caught and definitely not free to do as she pleased. However he doubted that was what the name truly meant to her, instead he stretched out his arms and began to loosen up as it were while watching her. The fear was still there and it was invigorating, how long since the last time he had gone on a hunt. Perhaps there was more he could do to scare her, something he could say even. Szethe thought of something but kept it to himself for now.

"My name is Szethe L'tanshié, you may call me Szethe. Do you need bandages or ointment, I apologize, I forget my strength sometimes. As for this mission, I doubt it was a suicide mission... Perhaps Grifter wanted me to try to end your life and vice versa. It has not ended that way and I am glad, however I want you to assist me in looking for Grifter. With... how I am, I cannot enter smaller areas where he would hide. Now, I know you want nothing to do with me, but you owe me.. and I want Grifter in my hands. Deal?"

One of his armored feet, tapered into a large spike would step on the spider silk. If she tried to cut it, she would find it almost impossible, unless she was as strong as he was or possessed a cocktail of venoms to dissolve the substance. Szethe slowly moved toward her, his limbs animated in odd asymmetric movements that made the hairs on ones neck stand on end. Licking his lips as if he were staring down at a delicious morsel rather than ally may not be what he wanted, however fear was palpable and enticing.
^
Freedom
 Posted: Jul 23 2016, 12:13 AM

Luna
261 posts
Elf
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

This man's words were a perplexing. He'd love to give her a title? It took all she had not ask him if that title was 'dinner', but she bit her tongue until the urge had passed. Her eyes watched every move he made. The way he was shaking out his body made her think that he was considering doing something very physical. Perhaps ripping her apart into smaller pieces? She began to tense again even as he began to speak.

The name he gave was elvish, without doubt, but she didn't recognize it from the grove she grew up in. She didn't want to ask where he was from. The idea that there was a whole race of elf spiders out there made her ill. If her enemies found them, Freedom would never be safe. The offer he made her had her lifting an eyebrow in surprise. He wanted her to capture Grifter and bring him to him? She could do that. That was more than fair. The least she could do since he had saved her from blowing up. Just as she started to say deal, he stepped on the web, drawing her eyes down to his foot for lack of a better word.

Freedom couldn't help but jerk at her foot. The web didn't break though and she couldn't get away as he came closer. The boots she was wearing were specially made. She really hated to cut the boot and lose it. The pair had cost her two hundred gold pieces. She was on the verge of panic again as she strained pulling her leg as hard as she could, finally sitting up and twisting her wrist to bring out a blade, trying to cut the silk. It didn't budge and she looked up at him, clearly terrified. "You eat me, I can't catch anything for you!" When she was afraid, the Irish accent that had started to fade over the centuries came back, showing exactly where she was from even if she never said. "I'm skinny and bony anyway. Not much of a meal you know. Can... you back up? I'm willing to deal with you, but looking me like that just makes me want to run away. Boots or no boots." Greed was the only thing keeping her in place at the moment. Or maybe some would call it being a cheapskate. Either way. Losing gold and possession was not something she liked to do if she could avoid it.

--------------------
Freedom is what you do
^
Szethe L'tanshié
 Posted: Jul 23 2016, 12:40 AM

N/A
62 posts
ARACHNIDA "PRIME SPIDER"
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

"I'm quite sorry, I had not meant to scare you. It is in my nature and I could not help but admire you. Irish heritage as well and don't worry, I have no reason to feed on you"

Szethe did stop, but he was leaning over almost in an impossible angle toward her, the pedipalp claws at his waist snapping lightly in quick succession as he offered her a hand. As if to lift her off the ground because he would rather she either stand or sit in a manner where she isn't sprawled on the ground like prey. Szethe stopped admiring her like a feast and more like prey that he'd want to mount as he spoke with a light smile.

"Even if you believe you're skin and bone, you are too pretty to say such things, Freedom and it's not like spiders eat flesh, they liquefy organs and drink the remains. I, on the other hand enjoy steak and a fine wine"

Perhaps he was charming, however without some kind of brainwashing, most never forgot that he was a giant spider beneath the waist. Tilting his head, he wondered if she was going to take it or stab it. Giving her a look of 'Hey now, you're not going to get far, might as well make the best of this situation' - not that it would come across well, however he seemed a lot more welcoming. If only he had his cloak, he'd have covered his legs from view a little so that she felt safer.

"Promise there will be whiskey involved"
^
Freedom
 Posted: Jul 23 2016, 11:40 AM

Luna
261 posts
Elf
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

The apology for terrifying her was nice, but the fact that he said he admired her made her feel a bit uncomfortable. That was.... nice? A little gross considering he was a spider thing, but she didn't think he meant it as anything but a compliment. She'd let it be because she thought hurting his feelings might be a bad idea until she got the web off her boots. She was angry with herself that the Irish accent had slipped from her in her stress and discomfort.

He offered her his hand and she looked from it up to his face and back again. The way he was looking at her changed, but she wasn't sure if it was better. He complimented her looks and she she opened her mouth to say thank you, but he started talking about liquefying organs and she shivered in disgust. She looked back to him, seeing he was waiting and sighed, reaching out to take his hand when he mentioned whiskey. Now he was talking her language. "Well... when you include the whiskey...." Once she was on her feet, she began to dust herself off, her cloak a bit worse for wear. Reaching up and unhooking it, she tossed it into her shadows to mend later. She began to check her leathers for rips or tears, giving her something besides him to look at as she spoke. "You don't have to compliment me to get me to help you. Like I said, I'm more than willing to bring Grifter's sorry ass to you. But, let's make another deal, if I'm going to work for you, don't talk about liquefying and drinking peoples insides. It's not personal, but I really don't like spiders, so you freak me out a bit already as it is."

The elf finally had to look back at him and she was still terrified, but he wasn't trying to eat her or attack her, so she could keep herself fairly calm. "I just have to ask.... were you... born like this? I mean, you partially look like an elf, like me, but... then..." She motioned to the rest of him. "I've heard of and see giant spiders before, but I've never seen anything like you." Before he could answer her eyes glanced past him, noting a bit of light starting to color the sky. It would be dawn soon. "Is there somewhere else that we can talk? The sun will be up soon and I'm not looking to get a sun tan." Her eyes went down to the web still on her boot, feeling like she was shackled to him unless she lost her boots, and sighed before she looked back up to him.

--------------------
Freedom is what you do
^
Szethe L'tanshié
 Posted: Jul 23 2016, 04:41 PM

N/A
62 posts
ARACHNIDA "PRIME SPIDER"
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Szethe was many things, charmer among them however he was always a bit too intimidating even prior to his transformation. The force of personality and charisma that he held was never used to manipulate others until after he was cast out of the court. Naive standards that were long since forgotten. Pulling Freedom to her feet and holding onto her gloved hand a moment longer than necessary. Szethe glanced around momentarily while keeping her within line of sight in case she bolted once again. Nodding at her words before chuckling in a lighthearted manner, the sound echoing almost hauntingly.

"As you wish, but I was only stating the facts. Oh, and I wasn't complimenting you to get your help. I did it because you're attractive"

Honesty, sincerity and countless years of speaking to people who were suspicious due to the fact that he looked like a nightmare. It didn't hurt anymore and he had embraced what he was a very long time ago, however it was still disappointing. Freedom spoke of his birth or how he came to be and he pondered what to say, few people had the gall to ask outright out of fear or loathing. He wanted to sweep her from her feet and just move given the time and that the world would not stay it's hand if they were spotted. However that would just overpower her with fear again.

"I have three safe areas nearby, some prepared an age ago. Though I believe you would rather not a cave covered in webbing. So that narrows it down to two, but it's necessary that you take my hand and close your eyes, then we'll be on our way. Agreed?"

Smiling as he licked his teeth, if he weren't what he was, Szethe would have been a fine specimen of an Elven male. Though a bit more picture perfect than those within reality, once in a safe location he would share his origins if she was still curious. If she took his hand, he would pull her up his chest and carry her like a bride before jumping into the air, dust propelling beneath them as they were launched upward. Heading toward the Forest, he had an old hunters cabin with a hidden underground chamber, it would look dilapidated and overrun much like the cemetery.

Yet the chambers beneath would be just dust covered, hidden by giant flagstones that only the unbearably strong could shift. Szethe could have waited for her to close her eyes but he would have done all this within a heartbeat after she accepted his offer. It would be over in a matter of seconds, wind soaring past them and the sound of rushing air followed by the plummeting feeling that tears at your stomach and lungs. Until branches broke their fall, his legs pumping up and then bending to take all the force of their landing so that they were not harmed. Without skipping a beat, he would move toward a half abandoned cabin.

Entering it's large door, he would pry at the flagstones in the corner of the room and pull out the foot thick stone with the bottom lined with what looked to be steel. The steel was connecting multiple flagstones together to reinforce the pieces and once picked up, it revealed a hole big enough for Szethe to enter. Dropping down, he attached webbing to the flagstone and as soon as they dropped twenty feet, the stone was replaced and they were in darkness. If she could see, they were in a large open chamber, bed in the corner, a table and a few bookshelves as well as barrels in another corner along with hundreds of bottles. The place smelled untouched and yet not stale.

"Now, apologies for the state of the room. I don't usually bring guests to my safe houses"

This post has been edited by Szethe L'tanshié: Jul 23 2016, 04:41 PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply

tagbox

USE YOUR OUT OF CHARACTER ALIAS WHEN POSTING IN THE TAGBOX.
Please provide a link to the thread and the user/character tagged.
You may bump a thread once every five days.

Listed At
Affiliates
RPG-D Distant Fantasies
Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows www.AbaddonCity.com 18+
skinned by josh dun of shine, cc, wecode, and ctw. cfs by black @ code