Posted: Jan 18 2015, 03:06 PM

Luna
261 posts
Elf
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
I'm looking for Freedom and to find it cost me everything I have...

This was an unusual meeting. Surface elves meeting with Drow. Though Fealwen was far from a normal surface elf. She was far better than the pure breed nature loving idiots. She would get the elven people where they needed to be to rule the surface. Of that she was sure. She just had one small, squirming, crying and annoying problem to take care of. The four year old was hungry and thirsty. She proceeded to let the whole population of the cave they stood in know this fact. Turning to glare at the men who held the cage the girl was locked into she motioned to the child. ”Shut. Her. Up. Now.”

One of the men pulled a cloth out of his pack and shoved it in the girls mouth which made her fight and try to get past him out of the cage. The other man grabbed her and held her while the first tied another cloth around her mouth to hold the first in. Then to make sure she couldn’t pull it out, he tied her hands behind her back. The young child was crying now, her nose running and thrashing around the cage. At least it was a muted sound.

It was no secret that the Drow society had a heavy slant on slavery. Normally, surface elves were not made slaves, but killed on sight. Fealwen needed this one to live. For a while at least, until she was sure she wouldn’t need her. It had taken a lot of gold to make this happen. Now she was waiting on her contact to show up. The girl had quieted down to just sniffles and snot bubbles, which was a relief. Another twenty minutes, which in the dark seemed forever, showed movement on the other side of the cavern. She could only pick up on the sound of something on the floor. The squad of warriors with her were at attention, listening. Slowly, the drow of house Kilvi’ir, began to move into the circle of magic light that Fealwen had set up. The light was dim, not giving the surface elves much light, but not completely blinding the drow either.

The Matron Mother, with whom Fealwen had corresponded was not in the group, but that was to be expected. This was her territory, she shouldn’t sink to a surface elves level and make a personal appearance. The Drow that appeared was one of the younger Priestesses in the house. Fealwen swallowed her pride for the sake of this highly important arrangement and bowed to the younger dark elf. Greetings the great house of Kilvi’ir. I am honored to be in your presences Priestess.”

The woman inclined her head and walked past the woman to the cage. ”This is the child you have sold the Matron Mother? Another surface elf?”

Fealwen turned to look at her. ”Yes, it is. She is a prisoner and it is imperative that she stay alive for the foreseeable future, but not be a threat. Slavery is not looked upon with the favor it deserves on the surface, so I turned to your Matron. She agreed to take her as a slave and keep her alive at least until I determine I no longer might need her. You can teach her what you wish or not. You may treat her as you wish as she will be your property, I only ask that her face not be marred and her life not be taken for a time.”

The female drow laughed and motioned for her own men to come forward and take the cage from the other elves. ”Seeing as she is now house property, we did not need your permission to do anything with her. As my Mother agreed to not killing of messing up her soft face, we will honor it. Now, be gone from our lands before a sad end comes for you.”

The young elf sat up with a gasp, covered in sweat. The small cubbyhole like space that she slept was pitch black, the small curtain pulled closed on it. She had long ago grown tall enough that she had to sleep with her legs drawn up to fit, but it was better than sleeping out with the food animals. The dream had been so vivid. A cage. People talking about her. Light. There was never true light here. How did she know what it was? She’d been in the underdark as a slave as long as he could remember. Sighing she sank back down into the patchwork cloth that covered her. Very carefully, she reached out and pulled back the cloth. The house was silent. That meant everyone was asleep or out doing what drow do. Killing, murdering, planning house take overs. She rolled her shoulder, frowning. It was still sore from where one of the Priestesses had hit it with her whip.

Sighing, she pushed the curtain back. There was no going back to sleep. She might as well get up and get a start on her cleaning. It was her day to clean the temple floor. She could get a few hours cleaning in before they gave them what they called breakfast. For some reason, she always got given a chunk of minerals to take. Something to do with being a ‘lousy surface elf’ and not seeing the sun. She didn’t get it. She didn’t try to. At least waking up this early, there was less chance of anyone seeing her get up without her lantern. Her eyes glanced around, making sure the kitchen area was empty before she stood up and stretched. Picking up her ‘lantern’ she walked barefooted towards where the cleaning stuff was. Her hair was a knotted mess, but tomorrow was the say the slaves were allowed to bathe. No point in brushing it out now. It would be easier after she’d washed it.

Gathering her things to clean the floor, she put them on a small board with wheels that she could pull so she wouldn’t make a mess as she walked. Her lantern was in her hand ready to be opened if she heard anyone else. The other slaves had warned her since she was a child to keep it a secret that she could see just like the drows did. She didn’t meet anyone through the halls and the levels. When she reached the temple she put all her things in the corner and sank down against the wall. She was only allowed in her to clean, but sometimes she snuck in for some moments of quiet. She took a deep breath and lifted her hands, letting her fingers move the shadows that seemed to cling to her like a fog sometimes.

She sat in the dark corner, weaving images of caverns, of the images that the other slaves had told her. How trees looked, horses, all the things she’d heard over the years from slaves that had been to the surface for various reasons. She dreamed about going, but she knew they’d never let her leave. She was a possession, one that was different from even the rest of the possessions.

--------------------
Freedom is what you do
• with whats been done to you •
^
Vexxis Kilvi'ir
 Posted: Jan 27 2015, 07:08 PM

Quinn
95 posts
Drow Shade
He/Him
Pansexual
Mated
Eryndlyn
Aut vincere aut mori.

First Boy and Weapon's Master Vexxis Kilvi'ir. Favourite son of the matron mother, valued for his skill in combat, natural submissiveness, artistry, and ruthlessness. He was what any male drow should strive to be, but Vexxis Kilvi'ir, First Boy and Weapon's Master of House Kilvi'ir had a secret: He had a mind of his own, and oh, how it tended to wander.

He had responsibilities to take care of, of course, but he couldn't be bothered to see to any of them right now. Children to be trained, wars to be waged, priestess ass to kiss; all of that could wait until he'd had his fill of mischief, which, of course, he'd blame on Sabrar later. It was believable, of course. The Second Boy of House Kilvi'ir was quite the opposite of his brother, firstly in the sense that he wasn't cunning enough to conceal his differences from the rest of the family.

His wanderings eventually brought him to the House's temple, erected for the Spider Queen, and was thusly not only the largest portion of the manor, but also the most intricately and beautifully decorated. The room was missing its priestesses, all of them no doubt taking care of other responsibilities, and in their place he found a very interesting site.

An elf. A slave, of course, for no free surface elves existed in this city. A slave in the temple wasn't so uncommon a site, particularly on days where surfaces were not being held for the Spider Queen, but a slave that could seemingly move shadow at will... now that was not a site you saw every day.

He watched her for a long time, leaning against a pillar in the back of the room. Surely she would be sorry if any other drow had come across her in this state. She was ignoring her duties, much like he was, and he had no doubt she took great pains to keep this secret of hers hidden from her masters. He could only imagine what the priestesses would do to her if they found out she possessed a magic they could not control.

"Well, well, well..." he finally spoke, arms crossed over his bare chest as he moved forward into the temple toward her. "Someone is being naughty."
^
Freedom
 Posted: Jan 27 2015, 07:56 PM

Luna
261 posts
Elf
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Freedom was so lost in what she was doing, playing out a story in her mind like she often did to entertain herself, that she never noticed she was being watched. It was foolish and she knew better. She'd gotten more than one beating for daydreaming instead of working. This was very dangerous. She was out of bed when she was supposed to be sleeping, true she had gotten up to get started on her work, but she was still here when she wasn't authorized to be. The moment those words came from the drow, the elf gasped, eyes wide. Glancing to him, she immediately dropped her head, looking at the floor. "F'sarn taudl Jabbuk. I was just taking a break before I started my cleaning in here. I'll get right to work."

She didn't know how much he'd seen, but the look of terror had probably been clear on his face. The elf had been so careful for so long to keep her gifts secret. Now she'd blown it simply because she hadn't been able to sleep. She was shaking faintly with fear. The males didn't carry whips like the women, but they could beat a slave just as badly. Her eyes went to the lantern that was still covered, it's light not being used. She closed her eyes knowing she was going to get it. She might very well be taken before the Matron Mother and possibly beaten to death or she was sure there was worse. She didn't want to think about worse.

She glanced back in his direction, not sure what he was going to do, but she had to try and save her skin. "I am supposed to be here, Jabbuk. It's my day to clean the floor. I just wanted to get an early start on it since I couldn't sleep. I'll leave and come back later if you need me too. Please, don't... tell the priestesses." She looked up at him through her raven black knotted dirty hair that had fallen around her face when she bowed her head, her eyes possibly seeing a bit brighter than other elven slaves since she could see in the dark.

--------------------
Freedom is what you do
^
Vexxis Kilvi'ir
 Posted: Aug 12 2016, 09:51 PM

Quinn
95 posts
Drow Shade
He/Him
Pansexual
Mated
Eryndlyn
Aut vincere aut mori.

The girl was clearly terrified, as she should be. It was rather amusing to the drow, which was evident by the smirk on his dark face as he towered over her, a dark shadow even in this lightless world. "F'sarn taudl Jabbuk. I was just taking a break before I started my cleaning in here. I'll get right to work."

He wasn't sure what this "taking a break" was. Slaves didn't get breaks, and should the priestesses ever find out that one of their slaves was ignoring her tasks, whether that was to take a quick breath or to toy with some sort of elven magic he could not yet understand, this one would no doubt be punished.

Turning to the left of her, he began a slow circle around her, looking at the beautiful and intricate architecture of the temple rather than at her. "...Please, don't... tell the priestesses."

"How long have you been a slave, dalhar?" he asked her, his tone indifferent as he rubbed at a smudge on one a nearby pillar. With a chuckle, he glanced back at her, pointing at where he'd just rubbed the spot of dirt. "You missed a spot."

Difficult as it was for him, he spoke to her mostly in the common tongue, knowing that she was more than likely taught only the bare minimum of drow speak to get her by in this world. "How is it that you can see, dalhar? You are not using your lantern. Are you perhaps drow-blooded?"
^
Freedom
 Posted: Aug 12 2016, 10:11 PM

Luna
261 posts
Elf
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Freedom was watching him out from under the dirty locks of her hair, trying not to look at him directly. She braced herself for a blow, some sort of punishment for not doing her work, but he questioned her instead. She knew the drow tongue simply because she had heard it so much. It didn't take her long to put the words together, but she never spoke anything but what she was expected to. "For as long as I can remember, Jabbuk. Many years though. I don't remember anything before being here. I want to say 14 or 15 years, but I would not be positive, Jabbuk." He smeared dirt on the pillar and she bit back a sigh. It was a good thing that she got up early if he was going to make more of a mess for her to clean.

The moment he commented on the lantern, she leaned her head all the way down on the cold floor wishing she could crawl into it. "I don't know if I have drow-blood, Jabbuk. All I remember is being a slave." She hoped that by answering his other question, she could avoid the lantern question. She took a deep breath and raised back up a bit, keeping her eyes on the floor. "May I return to my work now, Jabbuk? I have a lot to do so that the temple is ready for the Goddess and the Priestesses." She was hoping that he would lose interest in her and go back to whatever he was doing before he spotted her.

There was the sound of voices coming closer to the door of the temple and her blood ran cold. She began to reach for the lantern, but froze, looking up at him, realizing she hadn't asked permission to move or to turn on her lantern. She had never been so afraid in all her life. What would the priestesses do if they found out about her? Would they kill her? Sacrifice her? Would they try to breed her? That thought terrified her almost more than the idea of dying. "I'm sorry. I forgot to ask if I could open the lantern. May I? Before anyone else sees me."

--------------------
Freedom is what you do
^
Vexxis Kilvi'ir
 Posted: Aug 12 2016, 10:40 PM

Quinn
95 posts
Drow Shade
He/Him
Pansexual
Mated
Eryndlyn
Aut vincere aut mori.

He was silent for a moment, but only for the time it took to piece together what she was saying. He wished they'd just teach the damn slaves drow speak, but that would make an uprising far too likely. Besides, drow weren't really supposed to converse with slaves anyway, not for longer than it took to give an order.

Fifteen years was a long time to be a slave. She couldn't have been more than twenty by the looks of her, which meant she'd been enslaved at a very young age. She would have few clear memories of the surface. He almost felt badly for her, though he was somewhat surprised that pity was a feeling he could muster for such a lowly creature. Surely her position was just about as grueling as his own, and both had been lumped onto them without their consent. Just because he held a position well over her own didn't mean he wasn't just as trapped.

Besides, he had a feeling he had felt the bite of his sisters' snaked-headed whips many more times than she had.

"I don't know if I have drow-blood, Jabbuk. All I remember is being a slave."

She was turning out to be much less interesting conversation than he had anticipated. He blamed her fear of him, but there was little he could do to make her trust him. He didn't feel the need to, regardless.

"May I return to my work now, Jabbuk? I have a lot to do so that the temple is ready for the Goddess and the Priestesses."

"You do have a lot to do. Do they have you cleaning this temple by yourself?" he asked, ignoring her request to leave her to her work. He stepped further into the temple and around her, hands clasped behind his back as he marched between the many pews of the temple, eyes resting on the altar at the very end that would forever be stained with the blood of all that had been sacrificed there. No amount of her scrubbing would remove that stain.

He heard voices and paused, turning his head to better hear them. He recognized those voices, and he smirked, moving back down the aisle, holding a finger to his lips to silence her as he passed and made his way toward the door. He opened it, stepping out for a minute to confront two of his students.

"Lu'l'sanrr dos phnaut doeb chidnain xuil l'byrren zhah?"

One of them cursed, clearly started, before responding. "Taudl, ush'akal. Udos orn alu gaer nin."

That sent them on their way, and Vexxis moved back into the room, shutting the door behind him. With an exaggerated roll of his eyes, he leaned against that pillar again, crossing his arms over his chest. "Youths. The lantern, of course. I would prefer you did not, if you do not require the use of it. It... kassinne... it stings the eyes a bit. If the priestesses arrive, however, you are welcome to. I will take my leave of here well before then." He wasn't supposed to be here, after all.

"What is your name, dalhar? I am Vexxis, first boy and weapons master. That is an interesting gift you have. Take care the priestesses never find out. They would remove your hands if they thought doing so would allow them to possess even a small measure of that gift."

This post has been edited by Vexxis Kilvi'ir: Oct 16 2016, 02:36 PM
^
Freedom
 Posted: Aug 12 2016, 11:01 PM

Luna
261 posts
Elf
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

"Yes, Jabbuk, today is my day to clean. It normally takes me all day." She was shaking by now. None of the drow talked to her this long unless they were playing a game with her or planning to hurt her. She nodded lowering her head again as he put his finger to his lips, thankful that he was going out to run whoever it was away. From the conversation she gathered that he knew the people talking. They seemed to be unhappy at being caught, but she couldn't help but think that they were lucky. All they had to do was apologize and go to their studies. If that had been her, she'd have tasted the whip quickly.

While he was outside, she had set about cleaning, making sure to get the mark that he had left on the pillar earlier. She put all her weight, which wasn't much, against the brush she had to scrub the floor with. The dirt always pilled up in the corners because the doors blew it back when they opened for the general ceremonies and services. When he returned she stopped, scrub brush in her hand, giving him her attention as was proper when a master spoke to a slave. "Thank you, Jabbuk. I appreciate that." It was so strange to get even that small kindness from a drow that it sent her head reeling. He had kept her secret safe and now he would let her use the lantern to protect herself? He wanted something probably. Or was just being nice so he could kill her when no one was looking.

His next question left her staring at him a bit slack jawed. "I don't know what I was named before I came here. If I did I've long forgotten it. Some of the other slaves call me, Usto." She paused thinking back. "Actually there was on slave, when I was very small, she called me D'nore. She died shortly after I came though. The ehmtua's killed her for trying to keep them from whipping me." The memory hurt and she wiped at her eyes, the tears threatening to come when she remembered it.

The idea of losing her hands terrified her and she tucked them under her arms with a soft whimper. He gave her he same advice that the other elves had given her. She was surly going to be more careful and heed that advice from now on. The way he was talking to her was drawing her out of her shell and her curiosity was getting the best of her. She crept forward a bit, watching him with an intent gaze. "Jabbuk Vexxis? May I ask why you're speaking to me? Most ehmtua's won't talk to a slave unless its to give orders. Is there something you wish for me to do? I'd be honored to help the First Boy and weapon's master." She moved closer to him, still knelt in the floor her cleaning brush in her lap. "Do the women learn weapons other than the whip Jabbuk Vexxis?" She looked at the brush in her hands and sighed. "Usstan orn'la saph ulu screa ulu kl'ae natha velvel lu'ussta rahi." She realized she had slipped into Drow speak and looked down biting her tongue and cursing herself.

--------------------
Freedom is what you do
^
Vexxis Kilvi'ir
 Posted: Oct 16 2016, 02:37 PM

Quinn
95 posts
Drow Shade
He/Him
Pansexual
Mated
Eryndlyn
Aut vincere aut mori.

"Yes, Jabbuk, today is my day to clean. It normally takes me all day."

And here he was, distracting her from her duties. She would no doubt be punished for not finishing the temple, if her little crime of becoming distracted by him was even noticed. Unless someone caught them in the act, which would be disastrous for them both, mind you, he doubted the priestesses would even notice she hadn't finished cleaning the temple. The place was already relatively clean, in his opinion. Still, he had learned from experience that the women of his race paid far more attention to minute details. Perhaps he should leave her alone.

But then, she was beginning to come out of her shell a bit.

"Thank you, Jabbuk. I appreciate that."

"I did not do it entirely for your sake, but you are welcome all the same." Perhaps his students were now wondering what their weapon's master was doing in the priestess's temple, but they knew it was not their place to ask. Still, perhaps they would think it beneficial to them if they passed that information onto a jalil.

"Usto. That is not a very nice name. Are you not well liked, even among the other slaves?" It seemed far more likely that she had been named D'nore prior to being sold or bartered. Perhaps it was even her birth name. Still, it was best for slaves to forget such names. The life they were given did not leave room for thoughts of the past.

The memory of the slave's death seemed to pain her, but the fear of losing her hands conquered that emotion. She tucked her hands under her arms, as if doing so might banish the fear from her mind. Perhaps it did.

"Jabbuk Vexxis? May I ask why you're speaking to me? Most ehmtua's won't talk to a slave unless its to give orders. Is there something you wish for me to do? I'd be honored to help the First Boy and weapon's master."

A characteristic grin twisted his mouth. It wasn't an unkind one, but it was no doubt intimidating none-the-less. It was a grin that showed teeth, after all, and bared teeth was a sign of dominance in most any species. "Ah, but I am not most ehmtuas, dalhar. I am asking for nothing more than your conversation."

She crept closer still, and he found he liked the sight of her on her knees in front of him. A dangerous thought, to be sure. It wasn't unheard of for the drow to take slaves as their lovers, though it was no normally consensual, and if anything were to happen between himself and the slave, he would want it to be consensual. He was many things, but he was not a beast. Her next question distracted him from those thoughts, however, and he found himself furrowing his brow. She elaborated on her question, speaking entirely in the drow tongue, before he could formulate a response.

He stepped forward, kneeling until he was at just above eye level to her. Still above her, but able to look her in the eye. "Lu'vel'bol orn'la dos xun xuil natha velve, ka dos zhahen ulu olister uss?" His voice was quiet and deep, his eyes betraying the spark of interest her rebelliousness had instilled in him.

He would have thought she'd have had that beaten out of her by now.
^
Freedom
 Posted: Oct 16 2016, 03:00 PM

Luna
261 posts
Elf
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

The young elf shrugged when he asked about her status among the slaves. "I suppose not. They use the name as well as our owners." Her reply to him was sort of distracted more curious about him and his willingness to speak with her. No one had ever bothered before. Part of her was assuming the worst. That he wanted to put hands on her and that he could do that easier if he gained her trust. She'd seen that before. The slaves screamed less if they thought you were safe or it was an honor. She screamed every time. Even lowered herself to beg at times.

When he spoke back to her in Drow, she knew that she was in trouble. He moved in front of her and she looked down. There was no way that she was meeting his eyes after his question. Would he believe her if she said she didn't understand? No. Not likely. He didn't seem stupid. She swallowed hard, finally glancing towards him, but keeping her eyes down. "Natha yentil d'klezn, jabbuk. Ka Usstan tesso dos, dos orn'la ves'aph tlu hasstn xuil uns'aa." Licking her lips nervously, she finally lifted her green eyes to his, fear showing in them. "Please... don't tell anyone that I can speak the Jabbuk's language. They would be most displeased that I knew the horrible things they say in front of me."

He owed her no favors. In fact, he could use this information to get favor from one of the Priestesses or other women in the house. They didn't want anyone knowing their plans. Slaves were supposed to be safe to speak in front of because they couldn't betray you. She was a danger. She could betray them. Not that she would. She knew better. Once she did, her life was done for. Even if the person she told offered her protection it would be a lie. She'd be a liability to them as well. "I'll do anything, Jabbuk. I don't wish to die. This might not be a good life, but it's a life and if I leave it, I can't get another one. I can't make anything better if I'm dead." Desperate in her pleas, she forgot and reached out putting her hand on his arm.

--------------------
Freedom is what you do
^
Vexxis Kilvi'ir
 Posted: Oct 16 2016, 07:35 PM

Quinn
95 posts
Drow Shade
He/Him
Pansexual
Mated
Eryndlyn
Aut vincere aut mori.

"I suppose not. They use the name as well as our owners."

She was distracted, almost, no doubt by his unusual behavior. Unusual for a drow elf, no doubt, not for Vexxis. But she had never encountered Vexxis before. "I think I shall give you a new name, then."

She tore her eyes from his, looking at the ground, terrified of what these revelations would bring her. No doubt if he were a different man, she would be dead upon the floor already. He would not even receive a slap on the wrist for killing a slave, and in fact might receive honors for killing one that could bend shadows to her will and understand their language. The priestesses would have fun reanimating her corpse to use against their enemies.

"Natha yentil d'klezn, jabbuk. Ka Usstan tesso dos, dos orn'la ves'aph tlu hasstn xuil uns'aa."

"You would be surprised to learn, I think, that my ire is not easily provoked."

Her pleas amused him, and a thoughtful brow lifted lazily when he felt the warmth of her hand against his skin. He glanced down, marveling at the whiteness of her skin against the blackness of his own. Hesitating for barely a moment, he reached with his free hand to pull something from the soft leather of his boot. It was a blade, artfully crafted, but sturdy and sharp. He held it for a moment before spinning it in his hand and offering her the hilt, but he didn't yet let go of it.

"Every good blade has a name, even the smallest of blades. This one is called Duul'ssom, and that is what I will call you. Even though you are bound, your mind is free."
^
Freedom
 Posted: Oct 16 2016, 07:48 PM

Luna
261 posts
Elf
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

The idea of a new name made her smile faintly despite her fear. Still she couldn't think on that right now, she had to keep him from telling anyone her secrets. Somehow. Even if it meant doing things she didn't like. He replied to her and she tilted her head a bit in surprise. A drow whose ire was not easily provoked was a rare thing. Something she never dreamed to find in the great world that was the underdark. The words calmed her a bit, but she was still afraid of him telling someone who was easily provoked. He had no reason to keep her secret other than his own whim of fancy. What happened when that whim passed? Would she find herself dragged out of the only place she had that was hers, inside her small cubicule that she slept in?

When he began to reach for something, she skittered back, a hand lifting the brush she had in her lap to give her some sort of protection against the blade or weapon that was surly about to make itself known against her skin. It never came though and she lowered her arm looking at him. He did have a weapon and she opened her mouth to plead with him not to kill her, but he began to speak, silencing her. Her eyes went from the blade to him and back to it.

Nervously, she crept back towards him glancing towards the door of the temple then back to him. Her hand reached for the blade, itching to touch it and the protection that it offered in it's small size. She took hold of the hilt, fingers shaking as she looked up to meet his gaze. She let out a small relieved laugh, starting to smile brightly for the first time in longer than she could remember. "Duul'ssom... I like that. I like it a lot." Dropping her eyes to the blade she looked back up at him. "Do... you want me to... do... anything for you in exchange for the name and the blade?"

He wasn't repulsive, but she didn't know him and it was something she'd rather not do right now. He was a master in her eyes, despite him saying that he was. Compared to her he cold have been the king of all the drow. Her eyes went back to the blade that she was holding, looking at his fingers on the metal of it. "I've never even held a knife to cut my food before. I like how it feels under my fingers."

--------------------
Freedom is what you do
^
Vexxis Kilvi'ir
 Posted: Oct 16 2016, 08:01 PM

Quinn
95 posts
Drow Shade
He/Him
Pansexual
Mated
Eryndlyn
Aut vincere aut mori.

He couldn't contain the grin that twisted his features as she skittered back at the slightest of movements, her brush held up in a defensive posture. As if it would save her if he decided to attack. When she saw he meant her no harm, however, she moved back toward him, hungry eyes taking in the sight of the blade. With shaking fingers, she reached out a hand and took it from him. It was an interesting sight, her frail, pale fingers wrapped around the hilt of a weapon. He would be beaten bloody, perhaps worse, if the priestesses ever found out he'd provided a slave with a weapon.

"Duul'ssom... I like that. I like it a lot."

"It suits you. And the blade looks lovely in your hand. I would advise you not to use it, of course. One measly blade is not going to protect you from the wrath of tens of thousands of drow if you were to become rapid." He chuckled a little, raising his hands helplessly. "And then, of course, the blade's origins would trace back to me, and I would not be very happy to suffer those consequences."

"Do... you want me to... do... anything for you in exchange for the name and the blade?"

"Perhaps another time I will find need of a favor, but I can not think of anything I want from you at this moment." He knew what she meant, of course, and as pretty as she might have been under all the dirt and grime... well, perhaps he just wasn't in the mood.

"I've never even held a knife to cut my food before. I like how it feels under my fingers."

His grin faltered slightly, and then he let go the blade, allowing the full weight of the weapon to settle in her hands. She could very easily turn the blade against him at this point, but he either found himself uncaring or too interested in the possibility to worry for his safety.

"Nin vel'bol orn dos xun?"
^
Freedom
 Posted: Oct 16 2016, 08:17 PM

Luna
261 posts
Elf
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

This drow was full of compliments and kind words. She didn't understand it. In all the years she could remember, no one had ever been kind and not wanted anything in return. A frown crossed her face at the idea of the only nice drow she'd ever met being in trouble for her actions. "I don't want to get you in trouble. This is the first kindness anyone has ever shown me in my whole life. It would be ill repaid if I turned around and caused you problems." She wasn't looking up when he asked her that question and let go of the blade.

She held it up, turning it, studying it. To her the blade really meant freedom. Freedom to feel safer. The elf looked up at him, lowering the blade to her lap. No matter how she tried to phrase it or explain it, her thoughts kept coming back to one phrase. "Dorn dro'xun." The only problem was, she didn't know how to use it. The simple idea of taking the sharp end and poking it into people didn't seem like it would be enough to keep her alive. Where was she going to hide it? She shifted where she was sitting, looking at her clothes not seeing really anywhere in the rags to hide it. Very slowly, she moved towards the lantern, holding the blade up to it to see if it would fit.

Unsure of it fitting, she moved back and began to try different places to hid it, the binding on her chest seeming like the best place, but she wasn't sure how to put it in order to make it easier to draw. She would only use it in an emergency, but if that arose she wouldn't want to have to fight it out of the cloth. "I don't... I don't know here to put it. I don't have boots like you, or much in the way of clothes...I can try..." Freedom yelped as the knife nicked her skin lightly. "Ouch..." She blushed looking up at him. "F'sarn taudl. Usstan h'ros kluth ulu bel'la dosst belbol listrane, Jabbuk." I'm sorry was one of the few terms that all slaves knew in drow, other than yes master/mistress or no. Though using no usually didn't go over well.

--------------------
Freedom is what you do
^
Vexxis Kilvi'ir
 Posted: Oct 16 2016, 08:57 PM

Quinn
95 posts
Drow Shade
He/Him
Pansexual
Mated
Eryndlyn
Aut vincere aut mori.

"I don't want to get you in trouble. This is the first kindness anyone has ever shown me in my whole life. It would be ill repaid if I turned around and caused you problems."

"Much obliged, duul'ssom." Perhaps he should be anxious. Perhaps his heart should be pounding in its chest, fearing that any minute would be its last to continue beating. But he was a Kilvi'ir man, and their minds were more prone to rebelliousness. His younger brother would not fair well if he continued his life under the careful watch of their sisters. He was far too soft. He had all of Vexxis's uniqueness and none of his cunning.

He watched a fire light behind her green eyes as she came into full possession of the blade. Her answer was a simple one. "Dorn dro'xun." I will survive. And he actually believed her.

He watched her struggle with finding a place to put it, enjoying the fruitless attempt at sticking it in the binding that contained her breasts, that was, until she yelled and he jumped to press a finger to her lips, shushing her while gently taking the blade from her. Once he was sure she would not cry out again, he removed his hand from her, using it to undo the tight braid that contained his long hair. It was decorated and held together by a leather throng, which he removed and used to carefully wrap around the blade to serve as a sheath. Once the blade was secure (but could be removed from the sheathe with the proper application of force) he handed it back to her again. With the braid removed, his hair tumbled past his shoulders, and from his position was lose to brushing against his leather-clad legs.

"I will secure you a proper sheathe, one you can use to secure the blade to your thigh. Until then, this will have to do."

This post has been edited by Vexxis Kilvi'ir: Oct 16 2016, 08:57 PM
^
Freedom
 Posted: Oct 16 2016, 09:12 PM

Luna
261 posts
Elf
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

When he jumped and put his finger against her lips, she froze afraid he was going to punish her for the sound. She didn't dare make another sound, eyes wide and fearful of even moving. He took the blade and her first thought was that she had dishonored his gift and now she was losing it as quick as she got it. When he moved his finger away she went back to sitting on her knees, her hands in her lap with her cleaning brush. The elf watched him as he undid his hair. The drow's white hair always fascinated her and she had gotten in trouble several times for staring as one of the many drow in the house brushed or played with their hair. She was staring again, watching it spill free and move around him like... well she didn't know what to call it. She'd heard stories of snow and clouds, but she didn't really know if this was what they looked like.

He was wrapping the blade, but she was too busy staring at his hair. When handed it to her, she took it, but went right back to looking at his hair. She didn't answer him, holding the knife in one hand and reaching out for his hair with the other. "So pretty... it looks so soft. I never understood how a people who seem so cruel and hard could have such soft, beautiful hair...." Her fingers deftly snatched up a lock of it, feeling how smooth and silky it felt. Reality seemed to settle around her again and she let go of it, scooting back and clutching the blade to her chest. "I'm sorry, Jabbuk. I shouldn't have touched you. I'm not worthy. I hope I didn't soil your hair with my fingers." She bent over a bit, bowing to him a bit then looking at the blade, moving to use the ties to bind it to her. "Thank you for this. I'll figure out how to use it... just for... emergencies. Like a cave animal or something. I won't tell anyone where I got it, no matter what. I swear it."

She got quiet for a moment, frowning at him and looking around. "Are weapon masters and first boys allowed to have slaves?" It was obvious what she was thinking, but she didn't know if it was even possible. Could he claim her for a personal slave? That might make the priestesses angry, but she had to ask.

--------------------
Freedom is what you do
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

tagbox

USE YOUR OUT OF CHARACTER ALIAS WHEN POSTING IN THE TAGBOX.
Please provide a link to the thread and the user/character tagged.
You may bump a thread once every five days.

Listed At
Affiliates
RPG-D Distant Fantasies
Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows www.AbaddonCity.com 18+
skinned by josh dun of shine, cc, wecode, and ctw. cfs by black @ code