RAYVEN'S REIGN
an 18+ fantasy sandbox rpg
Switch Account

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Black Sails, Donovan and Catlin
Donovan Haywood
 Posted: Jun 27 2015, 01:58 PM

Faith
639 posts
Arch Demon
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Donovan took the glass from her with a from, swirling the brightly colored liquid in the glass a little. He stuck his nose into it and sniffed it, winching at how awfully sweet it tasted. He gave her a skew little smirk when she wanted to drink to the sea, finding that a toast he couldn't refuse. "Aye. To the sea. And... New friends." Oh boy here goes. Sighing out deeply he put the glass to his lips and tossed the drink backwards, pretty much like he'd do with any other drink. Oh. Fuck. That was sweet. He could feel his stomach churn and the drink rise back up to his throat. Quickly he put his hand in front of his mouth and stumbled to the side. He placed the glass on the table there, though not far enough, as it fell down and shattered on the floor. "Oh fuck. How can you stomach this stuff?"

Now holding his tongue out of his mouth he started to move through the cabin, wiping off his tongue with the rag that he had used to clean the lather off his face. "Please. You. Need something to wash that taste away." What? He was a demon! He had sensitive senses! Taste was one of them! And this stuff was so sweet it was murdering all the taste buds on his tongue. Even the lather tasted better! Not that it was working! Desperate to get it off he kept strolling through the cabin, grabbing things and trying to brush off his tongue with it. Until finally, just a few seconds later though, he reached Catlin. He grabbed her face and licked a long haul over her cheek, only to realize what he had just done.

His eyes went wide and he stepped backwards, looking at her in something of a shock. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-" He didn't get to finish though. He coughed, feeling something icky on the back of his tongue. It came back out again and he reached for whatever it was he was feeling. Much to his own surprise actually found something too. A small white feather, held between his index finger and thumb. "What the fuck?"
^
Catlin Bandi
 Posted: Jun 27 2015, 02:17 PM

N/A
21 posts
Avian Shifter
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

She smiled at the new friends comment. Well, that was very optimistic of him wasn't it. She liked it though. She watched him as he lifted the glass and took the drink. Ah, it wasn't to be love for her sweet drink. How sad, but amusing. She was hiding her snicker behind her glass as he began to react badly. The glass busting didn't bother her. That wasn't the end of the world. She'd steal another. He was walking around, holding his tongue out and she couldn't do it anymore. She began to laugh hard, her hand slapping the top of the desk. "I stomach it just fine. I don't see what the big deal is." She was cracking up, her ribs were starting to hurt from laughing as he began to rub his tongue with the lather towel. Ewwww! She reached in the desk draw again, pulling out some aged scotch and setting on the desk as he moved around trying to clean his tongue off.

Just as she was about to offer him a drink, he grabbed her and licked her face. He let go and stepped back, leaving her there a bit wide eyed in shock. He. Licked. Her. What in the hell? He began to cough and she shook herself from her surprise, snickering a bit, thinking he was still reacting to the drink. When he pulled the feather out of his mouth, her breath caught in her throat and she looked away from him, pretending to look for another glass. Once she had her face under control she looked over at him and shrugged. "Looks like a feather. Never seen one before? Probably came from our clothes or stuck to me with the wind blowing." She poured him a scotch into a glass and held it out to him. "Here, you're making my sides hurt from laughing. Strong scotch. Should get rid of the taste."

She put the scotch on the table where he could reach it and sat back in the seat. How had she missed a feather? She always checked and rechecked herself when she shifted. It was hers. There weren't that many snow white birds around these waters. Hopefully he'd take her explanation and be satisfied with it. "Sooooo, I'm thinking you don't want a refill on the first drink? Ah, oh well. More for me. Anyway, tell me Donovan, what port do you call home? I'm guessing somewhere in Southern Europe. That dark hair, tan skin, the first name... just not sure which part." She was studying him, talking about whatever came to mind to distract from the feather.
^
Donovan Haywood
 Posted: Jun 27 2015, 02:28 PM

Faith
639 posts
Arch Demon
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Stuck onto her by the wind? .... Yeah right. No way. There weren't even that many white feathered birds around these parts. He held the soaked thing out, looking as it tipped over to the side, flopping loosely. "Never seen it? Oh ok. You don't mind me keeping it then? I know this witch doctor who does magical mumbo jumbo stuff with feathers." Which wasn't entirely true, but as things were now; he was trying to pull a reaction from her. Any reaction, considering he didn't believe what she said. How had that feather came there? Maybe he should have a good sniff of her. Someday.

With a smile he tucked the feather away into his pocket and moved over towards the desk, taking the scotch. He took a sip from it and rolled the taste over his tongue, letting it drown out that horribly sweetness with a content sigh. "Ahh. That is good scotch right there. Though I had to say... You yourself taste quite well too." He smiled at her. Giving her his most charming, cunning and seductive smile he could manage, quite obviously flirting. He even scooted a little closer, leaned against that desk. "And I am from Italy. Though I've set sail and traveled to the New World when I was just a little boy."[/color] Just give her something to make her happy. "How about you? Where are you from?"
^
Catlin Bandi
 Posted: Jun 27 2015, 02:43 PM

N/A
21 posts
Avian Shifter
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

He asked if he could keep the feather and at first, she shrugged, not caring. What could he do with a feather. Though the witch doctor comment, had her coughing as she swallowed her drink. Damn him. She had to stop reacting like an idiot to him. She was already thinking on a way to cover up her reaction. "Wait, you seriously know a witch doctor? That... is impressive." She let out a whistle and refilled her glass with the scotch drinking it down to try to calm her nerves. She was not going to let this man get her secret the first day on her ship. Not ever actually.

She watched him sip his drink, clearly liking this better than what she'd gave him before. His comment on her taste made her look at him with a lifted brow. "Well, remember it well, it's the only taste you'll get of me out here on the waves." She gave him a look that clearly said she wasn't playing his game. She had just told him earlier, she shut this kind of thing down. He was handsome yes, especially cleaned up and shaved. If she'd met him on land looking like this, she'd have been quick to see how well he sailed his ship in unknown waters. He began to answer her question and she took actual interest in it. She'd never been to Italy, well not on two legs. She as quite sure the man who had cursed her had taken her there at some point. She didn't see it though, stuck in her cage. He asked about her and she leaned forward on the desk, letting him stay close, so he could see he couldn't fluster her with his presence. "No where near as fancy or cultured. I was born in West Bengal on the Bay of Bengal. I haven't been back since I was ten. Been on a ship almost constantly since then and an official crew member by the age of 16, had my own ship and captains position by the time I was going on nineteen. Stole her right out from under my first captains nose." She smirked, quite proud of herself. Though if pushed she'd have to make up a lie about the years from 19 to 22. She couldn't exactly say she was a pet song bird for three years in England now could she? Though it would indeed make for an interesting story.

^
Donovan Haywood
 Posted: Jun 27 2015, 03:02 PM

Faith
639 posts
Arch Demon
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Ah. The focus was off of him and on her. That was good, he liked that. Though even if she didn't get flustered like most women did around him, Donovan made absolutely no move to put more distance between them. In fact, he leaned in a little closer. So close that he could whisper now. "That is a shame. Because you are a really beautiful woman, captain. I'd love to spend a night between your thighs." He smiled again and raised the drink to his lips, his hazel eyes sparkling over the rim of it. "Don't get me wrong. Just stating facts. I don't mean that as an invitation." Unless she wanted it to be of course, then he wasn't going to complain.

Finally he did turn away from her. Alright. Wanting to keep the focus on her, that meant ask her another question before she got the chance to. He could do that. Not that he wouldn't have an answer for her. Preparation was key, so he always made sure he had a story based on half truths ready to be told. Half truths made the best lies after all. "Italy really isn't as fancy as you mistake it to be, capitano. But go on, I am curious. You don't look like you are nineteen and this ship doesn't look the age either. Too little damage done for somebody who has been plundering... How many years? So tell me, how did you get to be here? And your... loyal crew?"
^
Catlin Bandi
 Posted: Jun 27 2015, 03:18 PM

N/A
21 posts
Avian Shifter
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

And here it went. The close proximity just made her smile and look from his eyes to his lips. Mmmm, so very handsome. Shame there was no port around. What happened on dry land stayed on dry land. He had lasted longer than some hitting on her, not as long for some others. He said it wasn't an invitation and she laughed softly. "The only reason it's not an invitation is because you know I'll say no and we can't have a sailing master with wounded pride." She knew exactly how she looked and she had used that more than once to her advantage. Smirking and her confidence showing she leaned towards him a bit herself. "Thank you though, been a while since someone as handsome as you has been around to state the facts, so it's appreciated." She took another drink, pushing her chair back and kicking her feet up.

He began to dig and she was fine with that. Long as he wasn't prying too specifically or feather related. "Oh the ship doesn't look that old cause it's not. I bought it actually, when I was 22. I'm 27 now, so I've had this version of The Black Whip for about five years now.As for how I got here? One day at a time Donovan. One day at a time. Had an attack go south, put me out of commission for a few years, ended up in England and that's where I bought this beauty with what I saved up. As for my crew, most of the original is gone. Lost to battles, some turned traitor and I had to deal with them, while others made their fortune with me and retired. The ones now, I've taken from various places. Ports, ships, jails, you name it. Even found Cook stranded on a desert island after a nobles ship crashed. Just had a butchers knife and a desire to live. Damn good cook too." She refilled both their glasses and leaned back with her glass on her knee. "You always this curious or is it just me that gets the special treatment? Either way, tell me about Italy. If it's not the art and cultural center of the world at the moment, where is?""
^
Donovan Haywood
 Posted: Jun 27 2015, 03:45 PM

Faith
639 posts
Arch Demon
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Donovan shrugged, quite happy that he was getting another refill for the drink right now. "I wouldn't know. As I said, I left there when I was just a little boy. Can't be fucked to remember. Memories I do have include priests and the church trying to rule the people through fear. I care little for that bullshit, or I wouldn't have come here, to this job. Cultural capital or not, I care little. Though if you desire so, we can always go there once to plunder their churches." Ah. All the gold they had hidden there. The problem was just that the cities that had most of the richest were way too far land inward.

He took another sip from his drink, happy at the rich taste of the scotch. "And I am always so curious. One of the reasons I volunteered to go to the new world. Ah. I was young and foolish. Met a woman there, at the new world. She was... Ah... She was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. Young, both of us, but eventually, both being broke as could be though, we married. I turned to sailing in hope of getting rich some day." He paused to take another drink, scooting closer to where the captain's feet were. Without being able to help it he looked up her legs, almost as if that was an automatic response for him to do. She did had some killer legs there. And well, maybe, just maybe, it was a reaction to her calling him handsome. That was always nice to hear. "Ah. Anyway. I did, actually. Upon return she and I climbed the social ladder, all the way up. Riches, gala's, fancy fashion of the finest silks, jewelry and manners, we had it all. But this wealth also brought enemies, competition. Then one day, during a ball... She died. Poison in her wine. I realized the new world is as rotten as the old one and decided to be my own man. A free man. Thus turned to piracy. The sea is the only place I ever truly felt free."

Which reminded him. He had something to back up his story. As claimed earlier; half truths made for the best lies. It was something quite personal, but hey, wasn't that what gave him depth? Made him more believable? Thus he reached inside his shirt, for the silver locket necklace. He clipped it open and held it out for Catlin to see. Inside she'd see a picture of a young woman, the one who had given him the locket; Drusa. "This is her." He smiled, putting his best sad smile on his face he could manage. Which was actually less hard than expected, as he really did miss her. "Anyway. Enough emotional babbling. Guess you're pretty good with a sword, if you got raised the pirate life?"
^
Catlin Bandi
 Posted: Jun 27 2015, 04:27 PM

N/A
21 posts
Avian Shifter
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Not only did Catlin not miss a single word he said, she didn't miss the roaming of his eyes up her legs. He was a little obvious, but she just let it slide. She wasn't going to snap at him for a natural reaction. She was very interested in where his personal tale was going. She had expected it to end when he said he didn't remember much of Italy, but he had continued. She sipped her drink, listening intently to him. There was something with stories and the sea, they went hand in hand. She frowned as he talked about his wife dying. That was so sad. She remembered losing her father. Losing someone you loved was like no other pain. She dropped her feet and leaned forward looking at the blonde woman in the locket. Beautiful. "She's beautiful. I'm sorry for your loss though. At least you had some time together." She patted his leg softly and moved back some, but stayed leaning on the desk.

He wanted to change the subject and she smiled at him. "I've been told I'm very good. The pirate I learned from was the one who... uh... well he killed my father and took me. Said he was going to sell me, but never did, instead he taught me to protect myself in case his men got any ideas and I got really good. It was his ship I served on and stole. But anyway, yes, I'm not too bad. Why? You interested in finding out how good I am? Want to test your skill against mine? C'mon then. She was already setting her now empty drink down and standing up.

She walked over towards the door of the cabin and opened it looking out. Most of the work was done, men were just adjusting rigging and doing things to kill time till dinner. She called out for the deck to be cleared and men dropped things, running to clear out a space. Cat liked to practice so this was nothing new. Stepping out, she drew her blade, checking it over as she slid down the rail of the stairs landing at the bottom with a loud thud of her boots. "Boys, Mr. Donovan wants to get some practice in. See how well his new captain can handle a sword. I'm obliged to give him that friendly work out." She pulled her curved sword and turned to look at him, giving him a bow, her hair falling over her shoulders for a moment before she stood up and lifted her sword in greeting.
^
Donovan Haywood
 Posted: Jun 29 2015, 01:21 PM

Faith
639 posts
Arch Demon
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Donovan followed after his new captain, his thumbs stuck into his belt and smirking so broad that his smirk threatened to spill off his face. When he reached the rest of the crew, who were gathering in a circle, they cheered and raged, shouting things like 'kick his ass captain' and 'show 'im whose boss!' Ah. That was quite amusing. The demon moved over to the deck, stepping inside the circle and drawing his curled sword from the sheath. "Alright. But don't expect me to go easy on you just because you're a girl." Oh yeah. He was provoking her alright. Very eager to see what she could do and the type of person he was dealing with.

He took place across from her and took a defensive pose, his eyes sparkling with glee. It was as if the rest of the world vanished right there as he focused on Catlin. The noise of the crowd became a background noise and he focused solely on his opponent. "Come on then." He wouldn't strike first, but patiently wait for her to make the first move. He wanted to test her strength and speed, feel that first blow vibrate through his sword and into his arm.
^
Catlin Bandi
 Posted: Jun 29 2015, 05:56 PM

N/A
21 posts
Avian Shifter
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

The girl comment earned him a chuckle. "Mr. Donvoan, I am not a girl. I'm a woman and your captain, lest you've forgotten already." She knew what he was doing and it partially worked, but she managed to keep herself in check as he took his position across from her. He wanted her to make the first move and that wasn't her style, but she'd humor him a bit. She moved around the edge of the circle a bit, checking his stance, how he held his sword. "So eager... but we haven't even established rules yet, sir. To first blood? No serious injuries of course, I need you able to work."

She spun the blade, loosening her wrist. Once he'd agreed, she began to move forward. It was much better to start out defending, but sometimes that didn't always work. The men were cheering and she was trying to focus. Her blade came in fast and low to the right trying to cut his legs out from under him, but she changed directions at the last moment sweeping up towards his midsection as if she was trying to open him from stem to stern. She was just looking to practice and gauge his talent, not hurt him, so she was trying to be careful not to make actual contact and keep her focus so she could pull back at the last second if need be.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply

tagbox

USE YOUR OUT OF CHARACTER ALIAS WHEN POSTING IN THE TAGBOX.
Please provide a link to the thread and the user/character tagged.
You may bump a thread once every five days.

Listed At
Affiliates
RPG-D Distant Fantasies
Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows www.AbaddonCity.com 18+
skinned by josh dun of shine, cc, wecode, and ctw. cfs by black @ code