RAYVEN'S REIGN
an 18+ fantasy sandbox rpg
Switch Account

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Black Sails, Donovan and Catlin
Donovan Haywood
 Posted: Jun 23 2015, 01:42 PM

Faith
639 posts
Arch Demon
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Donovan got woken up that morning the same way he had been waking up for little over a week now. Spread out just outside the tavern, covered in piss, ale and this particular morning; blood. A big red stain, clearly visible on the once white tunic he had stuffed into beige linen pants. A dark brown belt was strapped around it; an empty belt, with empty holsters where there should be coin, sword and pistols. He got mugged. Mugged not only of his stuff, but from his ship too. He had drunk so much he still felt drunk. Or maybe that was because he got kicked out the other night and had been rotting here inside the scorching sunlight of the tropics all morning; stinking inside his own vomit. Last night, from what he could recall, had gotten a little out of hand. Hence the blood. Though truth to be told, he couldn't quite remember whose blood it was. Or how it got on the shirt that technically seen wasn't even his..... How did he get this shirt again?

With a groan he put his arm over his eyes, which got tormented by the light even while he held them closed. It seemed like the start of any other shitty day. But there was something... That soon changed that. Voices coming from inside the tavern. Voices that were unfamiliar, speaking of loading and how long they thought the captain was planning to stay. Very slowly Donovan blinked his eyes open, peeking through his eyelashes at the shore not too far away from where he was lying. The tavern wasn't much more than a wooden box, build as near the beach as was possible. Rowing boats were pulled onto the shore, and there... Just a little away from the sand (which, by the way, sat inside places and holes he never even knew existed); a beauty. A ship!

Could this... Be real? That was just fantastic! Splendid! Groaning with the effort, and swaying on his feet the big man hoisted himself up, holding on for dear life to the wooden frame of the tavern. It took way more effort than it should, during which he needed the building to keep himself up. But he did eventually managed to drag himself inside. Fuck. Where were his shoes?! Fucking pussy-whipped bastard stole his shoes. Who-ever he was! Now growling (because this floor was covered in more piss and ale than he was, and that said a lot) he shuffled over towards a table that stood inside. Two men and one woman sat on it, clearly not from here. Too clean. Too cheerful. Too blatantly talking about when they were going to set sail again. Donovan ignored the barkeep, fussing at him that he got kicked out and shouldn't be here. Instead he pulled the one free seat of that table backwards, plunged down (nearly fell down) and draped himself over the table, needing to support his full weight on his arms. "I... Wanna speak to your captain." He said, needing to interrupt his sentence there because of the burp that came up. Oh. Ew. He puked in his mouth a little. Well the floor was filthy already anyway, might as well spit it out. That done he looked back at the three pirates. "Where can I find him?"
^
Catlin Bandi
 Posted: Jun 23 2015, 02:10 PM

N/A
21 posts
Avian Shifter
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

The Black Whip was full. Almost full to overflowing.It had been several months since they'd gotten such a haul. It was the result of five battled, three dead men and one exploded cannon. Idiots loaded it wrong. Ah, well she had more than enough to buy a new cannon. She sat in the row boat, watching the ship shrink as they rowed towards shore. Her, her navigator and the cook. Her first mate was keeping an eye on the men, keeping them moving while they went ashore to set up trade, get supplies set up for deliver and have damn drinks.

The tavern wasn't much and they had to step over piss and ale covered men to get inside. Cat couldn't care at the moment. It'd been too long since she'd sat down with a good bottle of whiskey. No matter how much she packed on and stole, never was enough. None of these shit holes ever had her 'cactus juice' as she called it. It was native to the area she was from and she tried to raid ship in that are from time to time to get the sweet drink, but hadn't had any luck in a year or more. Catlin sat down at the table, motioning the serving wenches to bring drink. The cook and her navigator got right business and she let them.

She hadn't bothered with a hat or to put her hair up. They knew her here. She'd killed three men the first time she came and they tried to fuck her over for being a female. She'd had her boat taken once, she'd be damned if it happened again. Not without a fight or killing her one. The drinks came and they were getting into the amount of gold they'd need to spend which always made her frown. She was about to start denying some of the supplies they didn't really need when the stinking mass from outside the door decided it was alive and made itself at home at her table. The smell of him had her pulling her scarf off her hair to cover her nose and cough. He asked to see the captain and in that moment she wished she wasn't the captain in question.

The men with her knew the drill though and didn't say a word. Catlin gave him a once over, shaking her head, before throwing on an exaggerated accent and motioned with a free hand towards him. "Ye can't find 'im. Not lest ye be for findin' a puddle to splash ya stinkin' arse around in first. Ya be thinkin' the capt'in be lettin' ya near 'im smellin' like the inside of a pigs arse do ye? Boys, I think this 'ne be fer knockin' the good sense right out his head when they tossed 'im don't ye?" The men with her muttered 'aye's' their own noses covered. "Ye ain't got the coin to be hirin' a fine capt'in like ours either. Get on with ye 'fore the boys throw ya in the ocean to save our noses."" She picked up her whiskey taking a deep drink of it.
^
Donovan Haywood
 Posted: Jun 23 2015, 02:33 PM

Faith
639 posts
Arch Demon
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Now that made him frown. He blinked his eyes a few times, his alcohol drowned brain needing a moment to figure this out. Here was a woman, with a mouth as filthy as he was, doing the talking. Better yet; she just made no sense? Hire a captain? ... What? The captain was the one hiring the men, not the other way around. Pirate crews were paid; quite well usually too. Life was hard these days, and when decent men got fucked in the arse by taxes and royals and could no longer take care of their wife and children; they joined a pirate crew. Captain's had the final say, but the ship was a democracy; not a dictatorship. Something had to be worth the risk of losing limps, disease, gun and sword fights and the month long torture on sea where people often starved. This way the pay. Which was high because if the captain didn't pay enough; he was voted out and overthrown. "Hire... A captain?"

He scoffed, clearly mocking the woman sitting across of him. "For what? Your captain provides extra services as a whore that he needs hired? Or is that your job, wench? Go suck a dick and let the men do the talking here yeah? I said I want to talk to your captain. So. Take me to him. Captain's whore ain't got the damned right to refuse me."
^
Catlin Bandi
 Posted: Jun 23 2015, 02:48 PM

N/A
21 posts
Avian Shifter
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Catlin almost blew her whole cover. It took all she had to not pull her sword and remove his head from his shoulders. The man were trying to look at her and urge her not to do what she as thinking without being obvious. "You got another thing coming if you think I'm some common whore bouncing from ship to ship." She took a deep breath, that accent falling away with her anger, and took another drink of the whiskey, trying to keep from getting thrown out or losing any chance at selling her goods here. "And aye, hiring the captain. You clearly don't have enough sense or ability to work on a ship, so you must be looking to buy passage back to whatever life you think did you wrong. Ready to go home, buy some fine clothes, marry whatever ugly wench your father tried to force on you and beg for him to make you his heir again?"

The cook muttered something under his breath about a sow and Catlin laughed loudly. "Aye, maybe thats it. Even the pigs wouldn't have him at home and his old man was ashamed. Shipped him off in the military to try and get some honor out of pigs arse the gods gave him as a son. No women would have him. Failed in the military, most likely. Likely ended up here when a pirate ship took down his navy one and when they found out he was useless, over he went. I bet he can't raise his mast either." The men with her was chuckling at the story she was painting. It had happened. She'd heard such tales so it wasn't out of the question. Catlin kicked her seat back enough to swing her legs up on the table, whiskey bottle in her lap, glaring at his nasty self angrily. If he couldn't respect her when he thought she was no one, that wasn't likely to change when he found out the Whip was hers. The navigator looked over at him, scooting his chair more away from Donovan. "You best be thinking of some good reason to meet our captain. Other than thinking its your right cause you demand it."
^
Donovan Haywood
 Posted: Jun 23 2015, 03:14 PM

Faith
639 posts
Arch Demon
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Donovan sat leaned back in the chair, impatiently tapping his fingers on the wooden table while this woman spoke. And insulted him. Gladly though, it wasn't on much of a personal level. Some fantasy tale that was about as off as it could get. A good guess, based on her own invaluable knowledge. She knew nothing. A dumb whore. Just another wench with a big mouth. Good for one thing that one was. Obviously he had hit a nerve within her; why else would she respond so intensely to his words? Because they were the truth; that is why! He turned to look at the other man very slowly, a smirk curling onto his lips underneath the big amount of facial hair. Oh how he wanted to reply with 'because you need a new navigator' and kill the bastard on the spot.

He wouldn't though. He wouldn't because he already was lucky the owners of this place weren't kicking him out as it was. Besides, he wanted to join this crew. Not kill them. Kill one of them now and he'd be getting in trouble with the entire crew. Which basically meant being keelhauled. Which wasn't very high on his 'to-do' list to be honest. No. He HAD to be on this ship if he ever wanted to find his ship and his Neri back. He didn't like it one bit, but a pirate ship; here and now, was too good of a chance to fuck up. "Because, I am looking for a job. Provided this wench here stops thinking with her tits and stops doing a man's job and just let's me talk to your captain, I might get a chance to prove my worth." Hey, it was worth a shot right? Not that he imagined the crew being all too happy about another man; that meant sharing the loot.
^
Catlin Bandi
 Posted: Jun 23 2015, 03:46 PM

N/A
21 posts
Avian Shifter
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Men. They pissed her off so bad sometimes. He had about as much 'worth' as the piss he had rolled in all night. She glanced to the two men with her and she took her feet off the table. "Captain ain't taking on anymore men. Let's go boys, we got work to do. Can't sit here chatting to gutter trash all night." She stood up without another word, walking out and leaving the man sitting at the table. The whiskey she had went with her leaving the table bare and him all alone. When she got outside, she took a deep breath. At least she could stand to breathe now. She tied the scarf back around her head and they went to find their contacts.

By the time they were done, the crew had two loads already on the beach with potential buyers looking them over. She signed off on a few deals before she got in one of the row boats and headed back to the ship. Her men were good fighters and nothing would happen to the cargo while she was away. Of that she was sure. There was some honor among thieves, so the deals she made would protect her a lot. The odd things that weren't covered, well her first mate was good trader. He'd get her the best gold. The best gold for her, meant the best gold for her men too. They wanted the best.

While the majority of the men were ashore for leave, she took her chance to bathe and change clothes. After she had relaxed for a while, she kicked back in her cabin with her whiskey. She had her boots off, stretched out on the bed that was anchored to the wall. There were a few candles burning over on the desk, but most of the light was star light. After relaxing for a few, she left the cabin, easily climbing up the rigging to sit on one of the lower brace arms of the main mast. One of her legs hung down, while she she had the other hugged to her, her back against the mast itself. She began to hum to herself under her breath, getting a little louder as she relaxed, forgetting about the ass from the tavern. "And below the sea, A 1, 2, 3! The monster heard our sad refrain. The kraken rising from the depth below, He never counted on Mary from the snow. Oh Mary, the one-eyed cherry, Dawson City, we loved her so, Oh Mary, the beast was angry, And you stood ready, With a mortal blow!"

There was guards on the ship, but very few, maybe four at the moment. One for each side of the ship and her. Which meant that the ship was prime for picking, but she wasn't worried. Her men were the best and her curse gave her some advantages on speed and strength so she was as good as two or three men on her own. The men below were singing along with her, though not loudly. The wind carrying the bad notes to her sensitive ears from time to time.
^
Donovan Haywood
 Posted: Jun 23 2015, 04:16 PM

Faith
639 posts
Arch Demon
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Oh don't be mistaken now; Donovan was no lazy man. Nor one who gladly took no for an answer. He just leaned back when the men stood up and walked after the ship's pussy. He actually ignored the shove the navigator gave him when he walked away, being proud of himself that he did. He raised his hand at the tavern wench, wanting to order. Clearly she knew his face, as she scoffed and turned away. Well. No drink for the thirsty man.

No matter. There was enough for him to do. When he was sure that the cunt and her men were far away enough he followed them out. He hung around the beach all day. Blend in with the local drunkards and thugs, eavesdropping and spying as the pirates unloaded and made their deals. By the time the sun had set and the mates were getting drunk, he knew enough to strike. He waited for one of them to finish on the whores and stumble off into an alley for a piss. He followed him. Hit the mate in the back of the head and dragged him off. He stole the man's clothes and shaved his beard till the same length the mate had had. Then he went to.... Puddle in a pool.... And ah; he was a refreshed man. In clothes that had just a little less stench than the other ones. The rest of the night he laid low, and as morning came, Donovan found himself in one of the rowing boats and towards the ship.

He had a hat to hide his face beneath, which meant he could just blend in with the rest of the mates. All too soon the familiar commanda and orders, ones he usually shouted, rang out over the deck. Rig the sails. Hoist the anchor. He felt at home. Ran around the chaos of bodies as the massive (and he had to admit absolutely gorgeous) ship took off. Wind in her sails. He was lucky that this was a big ship. Big ships had big crews. Which meant hiding in plain sight became so much easier. All went well, until after a few good hours of sailing, he heard a mate call out for the mystery captain he still had not seen. "Captain? Captain! I cannot find Billy anywhere captain. But him tasks are all done! I don't understand captain! Him usually comes to play dice but I haven't seen him in hours."
^
Catlin Bandi
 Posted: Jun 23 2015, 04:43 PM

N/A
21 posts
Avian Shifter
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Catlin was below decks at this point going over the supplies and trade with her first mate.They'd done well. They weren't rich, but they never were. They were all going to be nice and comfortable through a few port stops, that was for sure. The gold was in a chest and she ordered it taken to her cabin as she began to look through some of the supplies. She found a small container with chocolate in it and picked it up heading up the ladder with it tucked under her arm just as someone began to call for her. She put her head against the ladder rung in front of her and sighed. She didn't like that. It didn't sound like it was going to be good news. Either he'd fallen overboard or her crew was still WAY too drunk.

Without a word, she climbed back up on deck looking around to see if she spotted Billy piled up drunk somewhere. There was no sign of him though. She glanced at her first mate and made a hand motion. "Lineeee up! Captain's gonna do inspection!" She leaned against the steps, that lead to the up to the stern deck and the steering area, munching the chocolate she'd brought up. She was dressed in less clothes than she had been back at port for the simple fact that it was hot and she was sweating. She'd had on a gentleman's jacket and hat when she woke, but being below decks with no fresh air and the heat, she'd shed all that quickly. The first mate called that the men were ready and she pressed away from the steps, tossing him the chocolate.

"Ain't outta port a day and you lot are already causing me trouble." She walked down the line, lifting men's heads, tilting hats back, checking faces. "None of you have seen hide nor hair of Billy since we boarded? One of you had to have if his work is done. If he's still drunk and you're covering for him.... it'll be your ass and his if you don't fess up." She tried to keep them somewhat sober right after leaving a port, the law watched too close. She needed them their best for a day or two. She stopped walking, hands on her hips as she glared around at her men. Sighing, she went back to checking, thinking he'd just fallen overboard when she spotted 'him'.

Her amber eyes narrowed and she walked up to him. "Well, boys, looks like we lost Billy and gained an ass. We ain't had the plank out in a while, perhaps we should break it out." The men cheered, they loved a good death. Catlin pulled her blade resting it against his neck. Did he really think that a shave and change of clothes would make her not recognize him? "Tell me why I shouldn't throw you overboard right now? Is Billy alive or did you kill him? You better pray to your gods he's still alive cause I do not take lightly to someone killing off my men." Her first mate and quarter master had joined her, standing to either side of her, ready to do whatever needed done.
^
Donovan Haywood
 Posted: Jun 23 2015, 05:12 PM

Faith
639 posts
Arch Demon
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

He chuckled. Sword aimed at his throat and being threatened to be thrown overboard; he chuckled. "YOU are the captain? For real? Hah! Just as I thought my life couldn't get much weirder." Oh. Man that did change things. Had he fucked up badly yesterday or what?! "Alright alright. Sorry to say, but Billy is dead." A reckless ruckus arose around him from the men, who all uttered the most painful way to kill him.

Donovan raised his hands, moving a hell of a lot quicker now that he wasn't shit faced drunk anymore. "Whoah easy there Kali." Goddess of destruction and death. Yeah... Maybe not the smartest move there. "If you kill me now, your crew here has to do extra work. And this is a big ship, yeah? They already work 24/7. C'mon, give me a chance. I might be an ass, but I know ships better than most men here. No offense, really, just fact. I worked with them all day."

He put two of his fingers on the blunt side of her blade nd carefullly pushed it away, leaning backwards to do so. "We got off on a wrong start. You assumed things.. I assumed things... I mean yeah, yeah I killed Billy but lets be honest, thats the risk of the job. Our careers are short ones anyway. And now that I'm here, you might as well hear me out. Right? Captain sir. Eh ma'am."
^
Catlin Bandi
 Posted: Jun 23 2015, 08:14 PM

N/A
21 posts
Avian Shifter
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

The urge to slice him open was strong when he said Billy was dead. She could ignore the surprise at her being the captain and the time he spent on realization. But that was hard to ignore. Her hand tightened on the blade, eyes narrowed as her men echoed her feelings. The Kali comment had her upper lip pulling back from her lips. She hated for anyone to make fun of her gods and Kali was a direct link to her main goddess. "Careful how you proceed..." He was clearly thinking on his feet and much faster than last night. The men didn't like the idea of more work and Billy had been good to help others when they were behind.

His claim to know ships better than any man on her ship made her look at him doubtfully, but she did like his persistence and confidence. Perhaps determination was a better word. She let him move her blade and lowered it to her side. She didn't put it away though. Her eyes went to the men behind her, getting their opinion. They seemed interested in what he had to say. Stepping back from him, she motioned to the doors that were between the stairs she had started out against. There were double doors between the stairs that led to her quarters. "I'll hear you out, but you better sell yourself well or I'll let the crew have you." Once he was walking that way, she told the others to get back to work until she came back to inform them of his offer and take a vote. The men usually went with her suggestion, but she still preferred to ask. Inside of the cabin was large, but simple. There were lots of windows and one was always open at all times. She motioned for him to sit in one of the chairs that was hooked to the floor.

She sat herself on the corner of her desk, sword across her knees. "I told you last night you were in for a surprise if you thought I was a whore, now didn't I? So, lets hear your offer. What can you add to my crew besides another set of hands?"
^
Donovan Haywood
 Posted: Jun 24 2015, 04:23 PM

Faith
639 posts
Arch Demon
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Another pair of hands? Hah. Oh wow she was demanding wasn't she? Wasn't the entire idea of joining a crew to have another pair of hands? He smiled at her though, moving around through the relatively large cabin like he owned the place. He let his fingers glide across the wood of the ship, trailing over the hand carved art. "Well.... For starters, I am an awful good dancer. Private dances only, of course. Ah I am probably too expensive anyway. And then there is how you can always rely on me to be a professional trouble maker and smart mouth." Ah yes. And there was the part where he had his own ship he needed to get back. About how he was quite the experienced captain, both in battle and in navigation. He knew what he was doing. But he didn't want her to know he had a ship. Even if two pirate ships combined could plunder and raid twice as much; he just wasn't telling her.

Finally he moved towards her, though he didn't sit down in the appointed chair. Instead he took the other corner of her desk. He crossed his arms and ankles and sighed, and as he continued speaking, the tone in his voice dropped; becoming more serious. "Alright. I've sailed more than most of your men, probably. I have experience in battle, basically all jobs on deck, can wield sword and gun and most importantly; I am the best sailing master you will find." Which was a difficult job. The man in charge of navigation and the sailing of the ship. He directed the course and looked after the maps and instruments necessary for navigation. Which were most often inaccurate or even nonexistent. Finding a good one was so hard that most sailing master were even forced into pirate service from captured vessels. Even if that made a good sailing master; loyalty was hardly given to their kidnappers. It was an important job and many crew members and sailors not nearly educated enough to know how. Here was to hoping she needed one.
^
Catlin Bandi
 Posted: Jun 24 2015, 04:45 PM

N/A
21 posts
Avian Shifter
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

This man was lucky Cat had a good night relaxing or she wouldn't haven taken his comments about his 'skills' very well. A good night sleep and her whiskey bottle left her simply rolling her eyes a bit and trying not to smirk. A good sense of humor was important on a ship where you couldn't honestly get away from your ship mates. Giving each other a hard time, throwing meaningless insults and pulling pranks were a good way to break the monotony. Catlin didn't say anything as he sat on the other corner of her desk. She couldn't help but wonder if this was the real him or an act he put on for people.

When he began to speak of the things that really mattered, she was careful to keep her face blank. Sailing master? Really? Now that was interesting. She had a navigator, but he didn't really care for the job. He was just filling in until she found someone else. Now she had someone else. Could she stand him though? Catlin took a deep breath and pushed up from the desk, looking out one of the windows, her hands clasped behind her back. "I could use a sailing master. You're going to have to prove yourself though. I can't just take you on your word and the men will have to vote, but they usually agree with me. They're a loyal bunch. You'd be working with my navigator for a fort night. You do good, the jobs yours. Fair?" She looked back to him, leaning against the wall. "There are just three things... one, I'd like an apology for you calling me a whore. Secondly, can you be loyal? And thirdly..." She moved away from the wall and walked over towards him, crossing her arms, eyes narrowed as she studied him. "...can you sing? I can't have my crew singing shanty's off key. That gives me a headache quick. It might break this whole deal if you can't."

She was teasing him. Trying to get a feel for him. See how he'd react and if he could take the kind of kidding and joking that he'd get on this ship. She'd been on the sea's since she was a small child. It was her home and she'd be damned if she surrounded herself with people who were unable to have a good time or get their jobs done. He had to be loyal too. As loyal as a pirates could be anyway.
^
Donovan Haywood
 Posted: Jun 25 2015, 03:22 PM

Faith
639 posts
Arch Demon
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Donovan patiently waited for her to finish. He nodded at her suggestion, feeling quite sure about his abilities as a sailing master to know he'd nail this. "Yes of course. I would have you tell me what, and if, you are currently persuing. If I want to prove my worth, I can't go on the information your current navigator gives me, just in case he is wrong." He moved away from the desk, towards the chair where he sat down on. He tossed his feet on the table and chuckled, quite amused by the three things she mentioned.

Well, in his defense she had started it. But alright, whatever. He could let that one slip this once, keeping his mind focused on why he was here to begin with. "Alright. Sorry. And no, I don't toss around my loyatly like a whore does her pooch. It ain't for sale and if you want my loyalty, you gotta proof you're worth it." Loyalty: tssk. There had been only one person in all the centuries he had been alive who had his loyalty. That was Drusa, and she was worth every second of it. But a strange woman with a bad mouth and a pointy sword? Nope. "And no. I don't sing. As said, I dance, that was no joke. I can play some violin though, if you have one on board."
^
Catlin Bandi
 Posted: Jun 25 2015, 03:41 PM

N/A
21 posts
Avian Shifter
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Catlin nodded, liking that he wanted the information straight from her. "We'll go over the maps once the crew votes." She watched him quietly as he sat down, not worried about what he might do. If he wanted the job, she was sure that he'd not try anything. She was sure enough about it that she sheathed her sword. He was making himself quite at home, but she didn't say anything. It wasn't like pirates were big on formalities in that respect. They had their own rules, but manners wasn't very high up on the list.

She was honestly surprised he apologized and it showed on her face for a split moment before she got her face under control. Earn his loyalty huh? Surprising, but she understood it. "That's fair. I can respect that. I treat my men fair. I don't ask a lot. Get your work done, don't come in my cabin unless invited, and if something is bothering you, tell me. I don't like a bunch of childish petty fighting over stupid things. Especially not when it can cause me to lose men. You want special meals, buy the supplies at port and work up a deal with Cook, otherwise I'd advise you stay outta his kitchen. He's really handy with a butcher knife."

Catlin moved over to another chair at the table, sinking down in it and crossing her ankles. "Well, the boys call it a fiddle, but we've got one. So that's a fair deal. I might have to see this dancing though. Sounds interesting." She chuckled a bit then sat up and thought about holding her hand out. She remembered the state he was in the day before and hesitated. Finally, she reached across the table offering her hand. "I'll go ahead and say welcome aboard, since I'm sure you'll be sticking around. I'm Captain Bandi, but most just call me Captain Catlin or Captain Cat. There's an oversized barrel below decks you can wash up in if you want, by the way. Oh, what do we call you?"
^
Donovan Haywood
 Posted: Jun 25 2015, 03:54 PM

Faith
639 posts
Arch Demon
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Donovan took her hand, after looking her arm up and down first. Finally he did reach over, giving the lady a skew smirk. Not that you could actually see that, considering he was still quite unshaved. "Bandi. I like that. It's.... Cute." Yes. He really did. Call his new captain cute just now. And he knew he had too, had very purposefully picked the word even. The beard might hide his smirk, but the mirthful glint inside his eyes... There was just no way of hiding that. What? She wasn't the only one who could push buttons. "You can call me Master."

Slightly concerned she would chop off his hand he quickly withdrew it, getting up from the chair just in case she was thinking something funny. "Strike you a deal. You dance and I will sing, yes?" He coughed and straightened his back, moving his hand over his way too long beard. "Name's Donovan. And washing would be fine. A shave fantastic, though that will have to wait." He didn't think the odds high that there was a sharp razor on board. And even if there was, the only mirror usually found on these ships was a small hand mirror, which was for the captain to use. Sea life just didn't give a shit about looks too much. Besides; something with plundering pirates. Filth just added to the picture and intimidation at times. Anyway, such a mirror was too small to shave in and to let the cook do it for him... Well... No....
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply

tagbox

USE YOUR OUT OF CHARACTER ALIAS WHEN POSTING IN THE TAGBOX.
Please provide a link to the thread and the user/character tagged.
You may bump a thread once every five days.

Listed At
Affiliates
RPG-D Distant Fantasies
Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows www.AbaddonCity.com 18+
skinned by josh dun of shine, cc, wecode, and ctw. cfs by black @ code