RAYVEN'S REIGN
an 18+ fantasy sandbox rpg
Switch Account

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Nothing Is Set In Stone, Drusa and Akira
Akira Rackhir
 Posted: May 26 2015, 10:22 AM

N/A
42 posts
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

It had been a few months ago that Akira had left New York. He had somehow managed to save quite the amount of money (or at least for his doing) from the job at that weird club, which gave him the option to now enjoy his free time. Connect with his Gods, sort his mind from all the ruckus and drama that had happened in the city. It had been painful to leave and truth to be told he hadn’t really wanted to. Not because he loved the city so much, but because he had found her there. The woman who everything he was belonged to, even his soul. But for the sake of both of them he had left. Things had been complicated with her being in a relationship, and even if he wanted to be with her, what he wanted more was for her to be happy. And with both him and that boyfriend of hers around, that was impossible. Not that he gave up, far from it. He would just… Wait. He was immortal, and with all the time that he had on his hands a few hundred years were little to nothing for him. He hadn’t said goodbye to anyone, but just left. Didn’t appear on the job one day and the mobile phone he had used had been given to a homeless kid.

He now found himself living in the woods. In a medium sized cabin that had been abandoned. It had taken him quite some hard work to fix all the leaks in the roof and make it cozy again, but the work had been worth it. Surrounded by the silence of ancient trees Akira could think. It was back to the basics of hunting his own food, growing his own crops and gather and cook his water above a very simple fire pit. The Harley Davidson he traveled on stood unused besides the cabin, and Akira.. He didn’t mind. He planned on staying here for awhile. He had written a letter to her in the time he had been here. A pretty long one, handwritten in Elvish. Right now he sat outside, reading through it for the seventh time. The autumn air began to cool down, especially around twilight, but with a woolen blanket wrapped around his shoulders and the fire burning the cold didn’t bother him at all.

A deep sigh left him when he finished the letter. Blue eyes drifted off towards the flames, staring into the endless fire as thoughts filled his mind again. Everything he had wanted to say to Freedom.. All the answers to the questions she had asked them.. It was all there in that letter. What she was to him, what he was to her… And he threw it into the fire.

This post has been edited by Akira Rackhir: May 26 2015, 10:22 AM
^
Drusa Delis
 Posted: May 26 2015, 10:23 AM

Luna
145 posts
Archdemon
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
"Every time I look at you, my rectum wants to vomit up my eyeballs."

Drusa had been researching this stone for years. It had gotten more and more needful the closer the war got and the more hunters came into New York. She'd found a contact that claimed to know where it was. Though when asked, he said, 'Death's cold hand grips it'. She had put him on the rack because she didn't feel like playing word games. What grave was it in? What temple to death was hiding it? She had tortured him, asking every death related question she could think of.

He'd not told her, but he had died screaming which was a bit satisfying for her demonic soul. She was looking out the car window now, not sure what this location would hold for her. The man's partner had been a bit more helpful once he learned that his buddy was dead. He'd told her a man named Akira had that stone and a rough idea of where he was.

Drusa had tried to research him, but there wasn't much to find. It seemed like someone or thing hid him. Or he just didn't interact with the civilized world much. The last contact did mention that he could become dangerous, but she wasn't worried about that. A voice came over the car speaker system telling her that the drones had returned with reports of a cabin about a mile ahead. Drusa had the driver pull over and got out. This was going to suck.

She had on a pair of hiking boots, black jeans that were rolled up and stopped above the boots. Her black tank was covered with a red and black flannel shirt. Grabbing the pack out of the car, she sent her driver back down the road. She'd get home just fine without him. Right now, she wanted to be hot and sweaty when she got to his cabin. If this was his. She began to walk off into the woods, not being careful about getting caught on bushes or brambles. Her black hair getting leaves and twigs caught in it.

She walked for a while, probably a full ten minutes, before she saw fire through the trees. Just as she got close to stepping through, a blackberry vine snagged her shirt and her hand drawing blood. She yelped, not thinking about it. "C'mon, I just want to get out of these woods, let goooo!" She tugged at it harder than she meant too, spilling out of the woods near his fire with an 'oompf'. She sat up, rubbing her head, just as she saw paper flair up in the fire. "Sorry to barge in. That bramble seemed to insist."

--------------------

^
Akira Rackhir
 Posted: May 26 2015, 10:24 AM

N/A
42 posts
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Akira's sensitive elven ears had picked up the sounds miles before they had reached him. He had ignored them at first, too occupied with reading over his letter. It was something he couldn't help, as his heart got drawn back towards the city. And it wasn't until the small frame of the woman came stumbling through the bushes in a flash of black and red. A deep frown curled onto his eyebrows as he looked at her, just blinking his eyes for a few moments. And then it started.... Very slowly the corners of his mouth curled up to a smile, that soon turned into a smirk. He scoffed at the sight of Drusa spread out over the ground like that, the amusement clear to be heard inside his voice. "That's alright. I'd insist too if I were him."

Yeah... There were several discussions possible on what he could mean by that. Softly he shook his head at her, actually glad with the distraction she brought. "There are paths in these woods, you know?" Still laughing softly to himself he got up from the floor and moved over towards her, offering her a hand to help her up. "Are you alright?"
^
Drusa Delis
 Posted: May 26 2015, 10:26 AM

Luna
145 posts
Archdemon
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

The demon sat there, pulling leaves and twigs off her shirt as the man at the fire spoke. She'd been told he was dangerous, but this man, who was now smirking at her did not seem dangerous. Not yet at least. "He didn't have to insist so strongly." She huffed in a very true irritated manner. She heard him get up and glanced up at him as he walked over. He mentioned paths and she didn't answer him. She was too busy staring. How tall was he? Eight foot? Ten foot? Holy fucking hell he was gigantic!

When he held his hand out for her, she took it carefully, forgetting for a moment that he couldn't possibly hurt her. It was one thing to know something, but when your hand was likely half the size of the one you were laying it, it could scramble your thoughts for a brief second. He asked if she was alright and she managed to stop staring at him. "Yeah, I think so, nothing seems broken, except my pride. Thanks." She let him help her up and realized standing he was still over a foot taller than her. "Fucking hell how tall are you?!?!"

--------------------

^
Akira Rackhir
 Posted: May 26 2015, 10:26 AM

N/A
42 posts
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Akira's smirk didn't become any less or something now. Noooo, it became worse. So much worse. He actually had to lean forwards a little, his head tilted so he could look down at Drusa. Of course it was exaggerated, but hey, he was just having a little fun. "Tall enough to make the Jolly Green Giant look like a hobbit." Would she be looking against the sun right now? That would be funny, he could see it already! Just his own head as a big huge silhouette against the... Oh wait, that would be scary.

Thus he straightened his neck and took a step backwards, which made the whole looking at each other a tad more... user friendly. "Though it really all depends on your point of view. You see, from where I stand, you are just really short."
^
Drusa Delis
 Posted: May 26 2015, 10:27 AM

Luna
145 posts
Archdemon
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Drusa had chosen this form for a reason. It was small. It was unthreatening and held a power that not many could match. At this moment though, she wanted a bigger body. As he leaned forward a bit, she couldn't help but lean back a bit away from him. [color#9960000]"I...I believe that."[/color] When he finally stood up, she sighed a little and adjusted her bag to give her an excuse not to look up at him for a moment.

The comment he made on her being really short had her looking up at him, eyes narrowed. "I don't see it that way. I am not 'really short' just...short. And you are insanely tall. I've never seen anyone as tall as you." She crossed her arms over her chest, content to blame any strange or freakishness on him. She was just a little below average height while he was a mile over average height. She had to get this conversation back on track, or something. Dropping her arms, she looked around with a frown. "I must have gotten turned around. I was looking for a spot my friend told me about that I could camp. An old dilapidated cabin, but this clearly isn't it."

--------------------

^
Akira Rackhir
 Posted: May 26 2015, 10:28 AM

N/A
42 posts
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Now that was just amusing, very much so actually. "That's my whole point here, it really all depends on your point of view." Ah, it didn't really matter. It had been a joke to begin with, and he wasn't going to continue on it. When she mentioned the old cabin Akira looked past his shoulder towards the cabin, his eyebrows turning back into that frown. "Oh. Well actually... You found the place." With a goofy little smile he looked back at Drusa and shrugged. "I just beat you to it."

Almost like he didn't really care... Which he actually didn't... He walked towards Drusa. He took place besides her, his arms crossed to look at the place. "A few weeks ago actually. But, you're welcome to stay. Path or not, the woods aren't always safe. Especially if you're so.... small."
^
Drusa Delis
 Posted: May 26 2015, 10:29 AM

Luna
145 posts
Archdemon
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

When he said she'd found it, she looked at him surprised. Drusa was really good at faking that sort of thing. As he talked she thought that in the future she might change careers and go into acting. If there was such a market for those things after Rayven destroyed the world and rebuilt it how she wanted. She was staring at the cabin as if she was intent on what he was saying about it. He walked towards her and she tried not to react as he moved next to her. He had done all this in a few weeks? She was honestly impressed by that. She opened her mouth to comment on it when he mentioned being small.

Drusa spun on her heel and huffed at him. "I'm short! I get it alright!" She took her pack off her shoulders, rubbing them as she looked around. "I'm impressed you fixed the place up. I was just gonna camp for a few days, you sure you don't mind me setting up camp here. I don't want to intrude or anything. You seemed kinda like you needed your space when I first got here."

--------------------

^
Akira Rackhir
 Posted: May 26 2015, 10:30 AM

N/A
42 posts
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

He had seemed like he needed the space? Really? With that same frown he looked at her, blinked his eyes once and scoffed. "Yeah I get it already, I'm huge." Now he knew that wasn't what she had meant, assuming that she had probably seen him zoning out. But that really wasn't something he wanted to discuss, so as usual; he joked it all away. Playfully he winked at her after the short, somewhat awkward, silence. "Of course you can stay. If you want, I even have an extra room available. You can stay as my guest."

He motioned towards the cabin and the fire both, smiling at her now. Truth was that he rather enjoyed the idea of having a guest, especially a funny one like her. It seemed like a nice distraction, and well, it would be a good change of conversation. Trees weren't exactly very talkative. "I'm Akira." He said, now holding his hand out for her for proper introduction. "Pleasure to meet you." If she would accept his introductions, he would actually kiss the top of her hand with a small bow. Not because he valued the old manners he never really had that much, but simply because enthusiasm tempted to awaken that old warrior spirit of his. Though of course, Drusa giving him her hand would also mean he'd lay eyes upon the blood.
^
Drusa Delis
 Posted: May 26 2015, 10:31 AM

Luna
145 posts
Archdemon
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Drusa chuckled softly. That wasn't what she meant, but if he was that easy to joke things away, then he probably wasn't on that was prone to being angry or violent. Good news for her. After a moment of odd and somewhat strained silence he spoke again and she glanced over at him with a smile. Now wasn't that just kind of him. Gag. She really wanted too, but she kept the reaction off her face, turning to face him fully. "I really appreciate that. Thank you!"

He introduced himself finally holding out his hand for her to take. She reached out and took it, expecting a handshake, but instead he turned her hand and kissed the top of it. She swallowed hard, having forgotten about the blood that the bramble had caused. She didn't look down though, instead she was looking at his motorcycle. "You can call me Dru. Thats a nice bike. I've never been on one. Aren't they hard to ride?" She was hoping that if she kept talking he'd not have time to really notice the darkness of the blood. This could get awkward otherwise.

--------------------

^
Akira Rackhir
 Posted: May 26 2015, 10:31 AM

N/A
42 posts
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

That might just be a little too late, because Akira had most certainly noticed. How could he NOT? His nose had been nearly touching it! So besides the sight of it, there was also the scent of it, telling Akira exactly what Drusa was.

And he did nothing. Instead he patted her hand while she spun towards the bike, letting it slip out of his own slowly. "Dru... alright, is that short for something? It seems like a funny name." He stepped out besides her, looking at the bike with a skew smirk. "Hmmm... Well, that one is." Ah, Akira, always the joker. He silenced for a moment, keeping his gaze on the bike without laughing, almost as if this was a serious matter. And just as the silence became too weird to deal with he continued, his voice light and casual. "It has no gas."

What? It made it hard to ride... Damned hard even! He threw a quick smile towards Drusa and wiggled his eyebrows once before he turned around and walked inside. But before she would have as much as a chance to follow him he already came walking back out, carrying a large wooden chest with him. He sat down besides the fire and opened the thing, getting out a mortar and pestle and a bunch of herbs he started to crush to powder. "But no, they're generally not hard to ride. It kinda depends on your weight and feeling for the thing, but it's not hard." His baby blue eyes flicked up at her sharply, looking at the demoness from underneath his eyebrows. He used the pestle to point at her, almost like he was lecturing her or something. "Champion Sudoku, now those are hard."
^
Drusa Delis
 Posted: May 26 2015, 11:26 AM

Luna
145 posts
Archdemon
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

There was no question about her blood, but instead, he asked about her name and she glanced to him with a small smile. It was so hard to be nice to people. If she knew exactly where he had the stone, she could just kill him, take it and go on. She didn't though. She couldn't even sense the thing, which was annoying. "Oh, sorry. Yes, it's short for Drusa, but my friends call me Dru." When he began to look at the bike, she wondered what he was smirking for. Her head tilted and she tucked black locks behind her ear, waiting on an answer. The smile faded and she thought he was going to say something about the dangers and how brave he was to ride it, but the gas comment came instead. She opened her mouth to say something, but just stood there staring at him for a moment.

He smiled and she started laughing. "You got me. That was funny. I guess no gas would make it more of a pedal bike than a motor bike huh?" He was disappearing inside the cabin and she wasn't sure what to do with herself. She had to admit, she'd gotten spoiled to being a business owner and living in the city. Clean. No dirt. Unless she caused it. Someone else to clean it up. Here, dirt was everywhere and she had to even sit in it. Gah, this stone better be worth it. Her and Donovan were going to the spa in Cuba once they got home. He could even bring Conscious, that's how bad she saw this being. She finally settled down next to the fire, putting her pack behind her to lean back on a bit. When he came back out carrying a chest, she frowned at him. "Are you burying hidden treasure out here too or maybe digging it up?" She gave a soft laugh, curious what was in the chest. The stone maybe? It was going to take all night to find out where it was probably. Maybe more than just tonight. She looked around at the dirt and the lack of air conditioning and sighed. Oh how she missed her apartment right now.

--------------------

^
Akira Rackhir
 Posted: May 26 2015, 11:43 AM

N/A
42 posts
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

The big elf scoffed softly as he plunged back down. He clicked open the chest and pushed the lid backwards, looking past his shoulder at Drusa. "Depends on your definition of treasure I suppose." And that was his gospel truth. In the right mindset Akira was one who could roam the forest for dunk and seeds and return with them as gold. Those he'd bury into the ground, but he doubt that was the kind of treasure Drusa meant. One by one he threw some of the herbs into the mortar and started to grind them up, quickly turning it into a dry, lumpy paste. "Could you go and fetch the water jerry can? It should be around the corner there, besides the pedal bike that has no pedals." A 5 gallon jerry can, of whom he just asked a girl who he had repeatedly called tiny to go and fetch it.

And why the hell not? She was a demon. For now Akira wanted to know if she would keep pretending not to be and rather, how entitled she felt. Most demons he knew never responded very well to being asked to 'fetch' something. It was hilarious, really. Though of course that wasn't something he planned on showing. Instead he reached inside the chest again, picked up a jar with more dried herbs and continued like he hadn't just put a demon to work like it was normal. He popped the lid open with his thumb, smelled the herbs and then put a finger pinch of the strong scented leaves into the mortar. "I hope you're hungry. I'm roasting a turkey tonight. Though, if you're not, I will eat it by myself. Yes. The entire freaking turkey, thank you very much.

This post has been edited by Akira Rackhir: May 26 2015, 11:44 AM
^
Drusa Delis
 Posted: May 26 2015, 11:59 AM

Luna
145 posts
Archdemon
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

When he opened the chest and got out herbs she frowned. Well, that was anti-climatic. "Can't say that herbs are at the top of my list for treasure, but hey, whatever floats your boat." She was just fixing to stretch out and get comfortable when he asked her to go and get the water. She looked to him, icy hues clearly considering telling him to go fuck himself, she wasn't a servant, but she had to be nice. She had to get that stone. Taking a deep breath, she pushed up, dusting her ass off from the dirt and leaves. "Sure. Be right back." She walked around the building, picking up the can with ease. She stopped, wondering if she should play the innocent girl/weakling or just be herself.

After a few minutes debate, she decided to go in between. If he knew what she was, he still didn't know how old she was, so for a very young demon, this could be heavy. And her height made it a little awkward anyway. Grabbing the can with both hands she walked back, leaned a little to the side as she carried the jug. She didn't mention it was heavy or that it was hard to do. She did make one comment though. "No small comments, just cause this thing comes up higher than my knee." She sat it down with a sigh and then rubbed her hands on her pants, sitting back down. As she had been getting the can he'd said something about turkey and she finally answered him about it. "Oh and turkey sounds great, but how are you going to fix that out here in the middle of no where? Does the cabin have electricity or something? An oven?" She leaned back a little looking at the place for power lines or something. Not seeing anything she turned back to him, kicking her feet out in front of her and crossing her legs. She took the edge of her shirt and began to wipe the dried blood of her hand. The wound was gone, but thorns didn't leave that big a spot anyway, so she wasn't too worried about it.

--------------------

^
Akira Rackhir
 Posted: May 26 2015, 04:16 PM

N/A
42 posts
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Akira smiled, a friendly and genuine smile, of which Akira wouldn't be surprised if she didn't see it a lot. Demon and all. He couldn't be sure of course, but he could imagine that the smiles she got weren't because people genuinely liked her out of kindness. Because they wanted something from her. Needed something. Yup. Fake kindness, used because it suited them. Ah. But everybody needed a little kindness every now and then. He was just glad that she didn't continue her human act, which kind of made it possible to communicate for them without words. In a way. "Thank you." He reached for the water she had just put down, grabbed the jerry can and very carefully poured some of it into the mortar. Not that he continued grinding the herbs, which with the water should turn to a creamy paste. Instead he stood up, waited until Drusa sat back down and placed the thing in her lap. "You grind this."

Yes. Yes he was doing that on purpose. But in all honesty, he didn't give a rat ass about her sense of entitlement. He offered her food, she could help, end of story. "I'll be right back." And with those words, the huge elf vanished into the cabin. There he pulled open one of the cabinets and got out a bottle of red wine he had brought from the city and had been saving for a special occasion and two stone cups. He also took a large fire iron and a plastic bag that was sealed. Big hands were handy. He did need to kick the door open, closing it again with his hip. He placed everything down, grinning at Drusa and then started to put up a roasting rack. "And that's how you prepare a turkey in wilderness. Really Dru, I thought you'd know that. Or were you always rich and served?"

He had done the nasty part most people couldn't stand to watch already, thankfully. Clean the bird. Drain it from juices. Make the holes. So as he took it out from the plastic bag, which now was his working table and laid it down carefully, holding his hand out to Drusa for the oil and herb mixture. "You wanna stuff it with something by the way?"

This post has been edited by Akira Rackhir: May 26 2015, 04:21 PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply

tagbox

USE YOUR OUT OF CHARACTER ALIAS WHEN POSTING IN THE TAGBOX.
Please provide a link to the thread and the user/character tagged.
You may bump a thread once every five days.

Listed At
Affiliates
RPG-D Distant Fantasies
Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows www.AbaddonCity.com 18+
skinned by josh dun of shine, cc, wecode, and ctw. cfs by black @ code