RAYVEN'S REIGN
an 18+ fantasy sandbox rpg
Switch Account

Pages: (7) « First ... 5 6 7  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Long Time No See (p), Egypt / Ingwe and Dalinda
Dalinda Elendil
 Posted: Oct 18 2015, 01:35 PM

N/A
69 posts
Draki
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Dalinda had suspected how he had been treated when she and the other dragons had snatched him from the executioners block. Seeing it though, knowing how he'd tried to reassure her while avoiding the promises made a lump in her throat. The moment before she remember seeing him below in the square, she heard his crimes read out. The draki held herself in check. She knew he'd avoided telling her. Now she knew why. Her eyes were still closed, but she could hear his rapid breathing. Opening her eyes, she smiled at him. "I've grown up a bit since then haven't I? What happened with the spell, I heard your name and it went dark." Lying to Ingwe was not something she did easily or lightly.

Common sense said he was afraid she'd be upset, or be mad at him, but she couldn't forget what he'd taught her. 'Sometimes you have to be bad in order to be good.' She knew if he killed all those people there was good reason. She refused to judge him for it."It felt so real too. My wing ached, I remember how I felt leaving you. I didn't like it at all." Dalin moved then, getting on her knees and wrapping her arms around him. "I'm so happy life worked out like it did. My life would me a much less joyous place without you pops." Pulling back she smiled at him and stood up holding her hand out. "Lets go fly in the snow."
^
Ingwe Elendil
 Posted: Oct 18 2015, 02:47 PM

N/A
161 posts
Elf
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

He knew she was lying. Not because of some fancy trick or a supernatural ability that allowed him to sense a lie; but because he had raised her. Because he would have done the same for her. "You have indeed. And I have too. Even if my body was already grown." Smiling gently at her, almost with the same kind of kindness he had shown her when they first met, Ingwe got up from the blanket. He walked towards the kitchen, where he put the stove on to heat them some new chocolate milk. "You can go if you want to. I'd rather stay inside." He called, not feeling a big urge to go out in the cold again. Neverthess, he appreciated her attempt to distract him from the subject.

When the hot chocolate was done and Ingwe had thrown marshmellows into their drinks (one extra for Dalinda), he walked back into the living room, holding the two steamy mugs. "It was my own clan. My family." He said, handing her the hot chocolate. This wasn't something he usually shared, not with anybody. But in a weird way, it almost felt like Dalinda had the right to know. "My aunts and uncles. My cousins. Even my parents and sister. All of them."
^
Dalinda Elendil
 Posted: Oct 18 2015, 03:28 PM

N/A
69 posts
Draki
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Dalin watched him walk away. He'd stirred up bad memories for himself and she wished she could make him feel better. He didn't want to go fly so she sank down trying to figure out how to make him happier. She looked up as he brought the chocolate, seeing it even had the extra marshmallow in it. Before she could say thanks he was speaking about what happened. Shr shook her head with a sigh. "Ingwe... you don't have to explain. It changes nothing between us. I would have done everything the same if I had known then."'

She sat the chocolate over to the side and sighed. "There is nothing you can say to convince me that you did not have a good reason for it. What you said to me in the cell, about being bad to be good, that's true and we both know I've done bad to do good. I have no desire to judge you or have you confess to me. If you want to tell me, so be it but do it cause you want, no because you feel you have to." She patted the floor next to her before taking her top off and spreading her wings out. If he sat down, she would put them around the both of them, putting them in this cozy privacy. They were alone in the cabin, but this felt more private. Good for sharing secrets.
^
Ingwe Elendil
 Posted: Oct 18 2015, 04:05 PM

N/A
161 posts
Elf
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

A warm smile spread across Ingwe's face when Dalinda sat down and put her wings around the both of them. Ah, he remembered the days when her wings had been too small for that. How she had grown. Into a beautiful and fine young lady. "I know I do not." He smiled, tilted his head to the side a bit and took a deep swig from his hot chocolate, leaving a chocolate mustache on his upper lip. "I want to." He trusted Dalinda, more than he trusted anybody else in the world. And despite how she was close to his daughter and he felt this urge to protect her from all harm, she wasn't exactly that. There was always something between them, at least for him, that had kept the relationship a tad more 'casual'.

And it was that very 'thing' that now made Ingwe feel the sudden urge to share the story he had never shared before. He let out a deep breath and took another swig, frowning as he thought about where to start. Which.. Was harder than it seemed. Finally, after three times of opening and closing his mouth again, there was only one thing he could come up with. "It was them or a lot of innocent lives. Back in those days... The king had a harsh rule, especially for mages. He feared my family, and with good reason. They started to rebel against his reign, thinking about usurping him. But their rebellion cost many, many lives. They were my family after all... Not as powerful as I am, but still powerful enough to be frightening. It didn't take long before the king became afraid and that was when he summoned me..." He took another deep breath, thinking back to the days where he had been so young, so naive. "The king explained the story to me, told me the many lives being lost. At first, I didn't believe him, just as my entire family, I was sick of being treated as a monster. But still I could not help to see that he was right. My family was doing bad things in order to do good. They killed, they took innocent lives and it didn't stop at soldiers. Entire villages who dared to stand in their way, who just like the king feared mages, felt victim to their rebellion. Until eventually... It was them or more innocent lives. It sounds harsh when I say it like this, but if you had seen the chaos and the destruction... I had to stop it. And there was only one way to do so. Even though sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't have. What would have happened if I hadn't, you know?"
^
Dalinda Elendil
 Posted: Oct 18 2015, 11:14 PM

N/A
69 posts
Draki
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Dalinda reached for her chocolate, just letting go at his own pace. She hated that he was reliving this. Why couldn't she have lied well enough to leave him be? She didn't urge him to hurry when he seemed to stumble. She pulled her wings in a bit more in a silent comforting motion. He began to speak and by the end she was upset with elves more than ever, not to mention confused. "If you hadn't the world may have burned. There aren't many beyond you and I who know and understand the duality of magic so deeply. It can be as evil as it can be good. I sort of realize why you caution me so much with my blood magic. You've seen first hand what magic can do if used for wrong. Even with good intentions. The world might not have survived without what you did, so don't doubt yourself old man."

She sighed, pulling her wings back and laying her head on his shoulder. "That elf king was a bastard though. Asking you to do that then trying to execute you after. You should have been thanked, given time to grieve not mistreated like you were. Though I might have still been in that cell for gods only knows how long if you hadn't been treated that way. Maybe it was fate, maybe it was chance, who knows. I just know we're here, were happy and doing what we can to be good people. You've got Shy now, you'll always have me to annoy you." Sitting up, she smiled at him softly. "Why did you hid this from me? You know I could never hate you. I would have listened with an open mind, Ingwe."
^
Ingwe Elendil
 Posted: Oct 19 2015, 07:30 AM

N/A
161 posts
Elf
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

A breath he hadn't realized he was holding left him when Dalinda laid down her head on his shoulder. Despite thinking that she wouldn't judge him, it was nice to hear all the same. Comforting almost. He rested his own head on top of hers and sighed again, taking a swig from the hot chocolate. "Because you were a child. And the king never asked me to do this. He might have manipulated me, yes, but he never asked me to murder my own family. I made that choice all on my own. In a way, it wasn't even my responsibility. I could have walked away." Even though he knew, deep down, that that wasn't true. He had always lived up to the idea that with great power comes great responsibility. If you had the power to stop something evil and wicked, weren't you in a way obliged to do so? Even if you didn't want to?

"But I doubt my family would have destroyed the world. That is a bit dramatic. In fact, I am quite sure that they were good people. Once the king had been usurped, they would have treated the people better than he did. It is one of those things I will never know for sure, even if in a way, I do. One of those things about which I will always wonder if the choice I made, has been the right one. Because in order for them to rule, thousands had to die first. Even if I think that in the end, they would have saved the lives the king has taken." He shook his head, literally trying to shake the thoughts away. Questions that would never be answered; that couldn't be answered. But that also would never let him go. Right. Subject change. With a smile that was warmer than it should be right now he looked back at Dalinda. "How about you give it a try and we go in to your memory now? You've felt the spell work, think you can do it if I guide you along?"
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (7) « First ... 5 6 7 
Add Reply
New Poll

tagbox

USE YOUR OUT OF CHARACTER ALIAS WHEN POSTING IN THE TAGBOX.
Please provide a link to the thread and the user/character tagged.
You may bump a thread once every five days.

Listed At
Affiliates
RPG-D Distant Fantasies
Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows www.AbaddonCity.com 18+
skinned by josh dun of shine, cc, wecode, and ctw. cfs by black @ code