N/A
8 posts
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

It's been years since Luci last came back to the U.S. and it is nothing like what it was before, how the world changes so quickly. What does the rest of the world look like now, she wondered. She jumped down from the dimensional door and took a light step out onto the street and pranced through the streets, looking about her in wonder.
Her strange and skimpy attire earned her stares and glares, but with everything so distracting she couldn't notice or care. Everything was just so shiny! Light glinted blindingly from the high-rise buildings and dazzled her. Her many voices chattered away in her head, ooing and aahing everything in sight like the tv store that boasted beautiful clear pictures on a flat screen, unlike the blurry techno color box, last time she visited.
And the art exhibit. Oh how art had changed. She may not have been alive back when the Earth was younger but her mistress had shown her to take a glimpse of artist at work all the way to the Greeks. Now popular art was different, fresh, rebellious even. Back then everything was just flashy and colorful, not sleek at all like...she stumbled onto the main street at an intersection and found neon signs everywhere and a wide screen bombarding her with colorful adverts and flashing ugly lights, spoke too soon.

"Gaah! Too bright, too bright!" she cried and retreated hastily into an alley, rubbing frantically at her eyes.</p>

"Waaahaaaa, I want to go hooooome!!" she felt her tantrum voice coming through.

<p>A voice in her head adopted a reasoning tone, "Already having second thoughts? We have a task to do, and we can't go back until we finish it."

"But she'll understand if we can't?"

"But we don't want to disappoint her."

Luci grumbled reluctantly, it was true. She owed a lot to her and her mistress loved her unconditionally. Well she was her first and only Herald but all the same, it wasn't as if Luci could pretend that she didn't save her from a world of hell, that day they met. Damn, sometimes she just made too good of an argument with herself.

This post has been edited by Luci: Oct 16 2016, 06:01 PM
^
Gerwulf Brandt
 Posted: Oct 16 2016, 06:18 PM

N/A
97 posts
Were-wolf
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Gerwulf was moving through the Bronx after transporting arms to some unsavory gentlemen, usually he wasn't a gun runner. But it was a favor he had to repay and when a favor didn't involve him ripping someone in half, it meant it was the better option. With all things considered they weren't all that bad, ties with the Sicilian mob or not, they were all family men who just wanted to rid their neighborhood of drug pushers. He hadn't thought that it would go anywhere, people would perhaps die and most of them would get arrested but it clearly wasn't going to be a big enough battle for him to involve himself. Licking his lips as he moved back down the more empty parts of town, down an alley or two to avoid cameras while heading to his car, Gerwulf stopped as he spotted a strange sight. A young woman just standing there, moping about something in odd attire. Half a torn shirt that may or may not have been made that way and shorts, along with tights and sneakers.

Looking around, Gerwulf wondered if the police were nearby with how she was dressed and acting, then he caught the scent of her. Humanoid functions still as they are, sweat and the miscellaneous scent of sand of a desert. This person wasn't normal and his curiosity was peaked as he moved over toward her, making sure to be at least twenty feet away in case she was psychopathic. Gerwulf was his old self, handsomely muscled individual wearing a white button shirt that was splayed open revealing a red tank top. Heavy jeans and combat boots thudding almost too quietly as he walked. He was also packing weaponry, a large Bowie knife attached to his right boot and a handgun upon his lower back that could scare a war veteran. His voice echoed through the alley in a Germanic accent that could not be placed, which etched each of his words.

"Excuse me, miss? but are you lost by any chance... you don't seem to be from around here and your dressed to attract the local law enforcement. Unless your looking for a heavy metal club, this area doesn't cater to that sort of thing"
^
Luci
 Posted: Oct 16 2016, 06:55 PM

N/A
8 posts
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Luci was busy clutching at her face and muttering and occasionally screaming into her palms when a deep voice interrupted her, every one of her. Her hands dropped as she turned to yell at the stranger.

"OF COURSE I'M LOST, I'M ALWAYS LOST, I BET YOU HAVEN'T TRIED FINDING DIRECTIONS WITHOUT ALL THEM TALKING IN YOUR HeeAAaaad....oh hello," Luci trailed off as she finally caught sight of the stranger and his...impressive load. For a moment, there was a rare silence before the voices started up again, this time chatting away very excitedly to each other.

"Ooh, mistress would be very pleased to meet him." one of them purred.

"As would Xano and dear Kitten," another one chimed in.

"Oh not to mention, Yuki and Co."

Wow, her multi-mind was going thoroughly through the roster.

"Idiot, Hyesha and Wulf are devoted remember?" Yes, pretty little prince Death and gloominess and everything black had Wulf to keep him and all the pretty spiders, snakes and scorpions occupied, but...

"Hehe, doesn't mean they can't have fun..."Luci snapped out of her rabble and realized the man would probably want a response, a normal response, "I mean, I just got here and I'm looking for someone, ehehe," she skipped backwards like a fairy. So much for normal.

This post has been edited by Luci: Oct 16 2016, 06:57 PM
^
Gerwulf Brandt
 Posted: Oct 16 2016, 07:20 PM

N/A
97 posts
Were-wolf
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Gerwulf smirked at the woman, she didn't seem to be too dangerous though that was an unreasonable perspective for someone as battle trained as himself. No, small packages just meant that they could be just as dangerous if not more because one never expected their strengths. Holding back a chuckle, he tilted his head and almost struck a pose. A hand moving to his chin to hold in a pensive manner as he examined her scantily clad body, too skinny for his tastes honestly but crazy had a certain edge to it that could not be denied. The few moments of silence weren't awkward for him, it was amusing even as he took a deep breath of the alley's air. The damp, pollution and the smell of bodies permeating the air with garbage and metal, but still his nose was a bit more substantial than that and he took in the woman. Marking her scent in his memories for future reference, flesh and certain secretions could never really be hidden or changed.

"Fun? no changing the subject, who can't have some fun and with who. I don't mind, but alley's aren't really my style. Looking for someone, if that's what you want to stick with... look, name's Gerwulf and I'm sorry to tell you that you need to put something on other than meat"

His voice was gruff, masculine in nature and yet smooth enough to enchant people. Perhaps it was just years of trying to impress everyone that did it. Licking his lips and straightening his back so that he could shrug off his white button shirt, he held it out in front of him like a piece of food to a stray. A toothy smile followed by that sincere gaze from those enticing pale green eyes. Gerwulf didn't move forward, he didn't want her to dodge back into the main roads where she would attract too much attention and he didn't want to come off as aggressive or strange. No stranger than the one who spoke of voices in their heads or that oddly knowing glance and words of knowing a bit more than she let on. The air was getting colder, the night more silent with the darkness gathering in the night.

This post has been edited by Gerwulf Brandt: Oct 16 2016, 07:20 PM
^
Luci
 Posted: Oct 17 2016, 08:15 AM

N/A
8 posts
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Luci flinched back a bit, and eyed him and the shirt in curiously, She could sense it slightly before but now, with his arm reaching towards her, it emanated stronger this time, a bestial nature much like Wulfrick but more animalistic and unrestrained. He displayed courtesy worthy of a gentlemen but he had an air of deviousness and confidence about him. He looked young late twenties to early thirties maybe but somehow, he came off far more experienced than he looked and now she could see just a little, the aura that surrounded him, dominating and...dangerous.
As she stared at him, she considered reaching a bit further and plucking out his memories, probe a little around his mind, oh the things she could learn and it shouldn't hurt...too much. But as she almost gave into the tempting voice, another voice niggled at her to avoid doing something so reckless, she was in no shape to use her powers yet and she definitely couldn't face of against a formidable opponent, yet.
Beside, her reasoning voice said, it's not nice to pick someone's brains without their permission.

Distracting thoughts aside, the shirt was still being held out to her, though night had fallen and the temperature had fallen slightly. She didn't feel like covering up. If there was one thing she hated, it was being restricted by so much clothing. It reminded her a little of straitjackets.

"But I'm already over-dressed!" she protested, " I don't normally wear this much at home."

^
Gerwulf Brandt
 Posted: Oct 17 2016, 09:58 AM

N/A
97 posts
Were-wolf
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

"Well, if everyone from home dressed like you, I'd love to give it a visit. But this isn't your home and the local law enforcement will have a field day if you don't put something on. You know what the law is, right?"

Bluntly, Gerwulf spoke in sincerity as he took it another breath, catching a sigh upon his lips. Perhaps it was a sigh of wanting, though what came to mind was the idea of helping her for a little bit. As strange as she was, if left alone, she may be more of a danger to the local thugs than anything with the firearm or death wish. So he stepped towards her, his free hand open with the palm facing toward her as if to signify that he wasn't going to harm her. The other held out the shirt in a plea for her to don it, even though without his shirt, Gerwulf's firearm could be clearly be seen from behind.

"You can rip it a little, make it into some kind of short sleeved jacket. Either way, all you need to do is cover your breast and no, the pasty won't cut it. It didn't work out well for Janet Jackson, it won't do well for you. Though maybe if you put on a bit of meat, you look like you've not had a decent meal in months..."

Gerwulf knew not of the mental manipulation that could have occurred, if he felt something he would have gone into battle mode and no one would have wanted to see a rage filled and bear sized wolf bounding about. While in berserker rage, nothing could control his mind, though neither could he and that was the single biggest problem of Gerwulf letting loose. Licking his lips, he tried his best to not scope her out like a piece of showroom meat, but couldn't help himself as he took another glance from her toes to her head. Whatever her name was, whoever or whatever she could be, she needed at least around seventy more pounds of flesh before she was more appealing to his eyes.

"Take the shirt and I'll feed you, what do you say?"
^
Luci
 Posted: Oct 17 2016, 11:12 AM

N/A
8 posts
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

The aura was getting stronger and clearer now, the closer he was the better she was able to see and no mistake, his whole body emanated that of a half-wolf and one that had lived for a long time. A soul almost as old as Wulfrick's, Nothing could mask a presence like this.
But fear didn't kick in, no that voice was being quite quiet for some reason. Maybe it was the way he portrayed himself. For someone who was as good at reading body language as a four year old, she could clearly tell he wasn't here to pick a fight.
Palms out and only taking small steps and treating her like a stray cat, she laughed. This was a first. She was no cat but Kitten would have so much fun with this kind of thins but then again he'd also tease this man to no end if he were here instead. She wondered if Gerwulf treated every girl like a tiny animal.

It was amusing to hear him mention law enforcement, since she'd spent much of her early life running from them. Given though, how society had evolved so much it shouldn't surprise her that this attire would be most offensive, after all, this wasn't the seventies. Ah those were the years.

She caught sight of the wolfman licking his lips every so often, a strange habit perhaps carried from his beast side. And...she probably wasn't helping the situation. Bah! The annoyance! This was why she hated most men, all with one thing on their minds, unlike her...well, thousand things swimming around her skull.

He was being courteous so far, at least, she thought, play along, darn you!
She inched forward and took the shirt from Gerwulf's hands, grinning from ear to ear.

"You're something else aren't you?" she said, her grin reaching inhuman lengths, "Being nice to me for no apparent reason, I wonder what you're hiding?"
^
Gerwulf Brandt
 Posted: Oct 17 2016, 05:01 PM

N/A
97 posts
Were-wolf
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

"A raging hard on, but that's obviously a lie"

Gerwulf said as he motioned downward at the sizeable bulge centered on his jeans after letting go of the shirt for her to take, he wasn't going to be childish and play a bit of tug. There was no need and it wasn't like she was a Lycan or similar. No, he'd have smelled the difference, the change, there were other scents mixed in and none of them he could actually place for certain. One thing he was sure of, was that she had not been here for long which corroborated with her story. Smirking just as fiendishly at his own quip, he amused himself but knew not to laugh as that was a bit more on the nose. As for treating her like this, well, one of the things with finding a woman with half torn clothing in an alleyway, someone may get the wrong idea and spot him as some kind of rapist.

"So it's settled, food, my treat as soon as you put on the shirt. Then you can tell us what you think I'm hiding and I'll give you as straight an answer as I can"

That was that, he'd have to pop by his car to get a jacket or put away his gun. It made people nervous even here in the lower end of the Bronx. The shirt that she took would smell of him, earthy notes with lavender mixed with musk that was unmistakably masculine. Though perfectly clean and dry, yet warm as his body produced a great deal more heat than the average person. It meant that he was fairly comfortable for pack mates to cuddle up with, not that he had done that in a while. He wondered where half his pack was right now at that moment, having not visited them in years. Sure, technology made it easy to keep track of them, but it didn't close the distance between him and his.

"So, before we wander off, Gerwulf. Yourself?"
^
Luci
 Posted: Oct 17 2016, 05:26 PM

N/A
8 posts
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

She pulled the shirt over her head first, with difficulty then tried to wrap it around her before finally struggling as she slipped her arms into the sleeves. It was hot and somewhat constricting with the lack of air on her bare skin but well, definitely much bigger than her and as she soon realized, awkward. Oh how she'd forgotten how to wear a shirt properly, as whatever, she thought as she let the sleeves droop to her sides.

Now that he mentioned it, she was quite hungry, but having to choose what to eat was confusing. Still, her Lady Yu had once commented in bed that it was a shame she couldn't feed her properly before invoking the transformation, she was a little bony. But at least she kept her baby face, hahahaha!
Since Gerwulf was offering, and this cold get her search kickstarted, it seemed like a good idea.

"My name is Luci, Luuuuuucciiii, okay?Great" she said then she skipped onwards passing him, swinging the loose sleeves back and forth, like flags

This post has been edited by Luci: Oct 18 2016, 05:30 AM
^
Gerwulf Brandt
 Posted: Oct 18 2016, 05:56 AM

N/A
97 posts
Were-wolf
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Gerwulf didn't need to be told twice, as he moved with Luci, odd pup that she was and headed back toward his car. Upon passing her, she'd most likely take note of the gun at his back and the rolling knots of muscle that he called a back. Disturbingly lean compared to what one thought of strongmen. Not requiring to look back, if at this point she didn't follow, he wasn't going to force the issue. She had put on clothes of a type and was her own woman. So as soon as he reached his Chevrolet Camero, he would pop the trunk quickly and retrieve his black leather jacket and swing it on himself. Whatever was in the trunk blocked by his movement and body.

"So you eat normal food? Let's head to that place"

Nodding across the way to a diner, it wasn't fancy but it wouldn't ask any questions about the oddly dressed woman or himself. The neon sign and bright light inside conquered the darkness, the sound of chatter from what few sat inside echoed about. The smell of burgers and burned coffee notable aromas as Gerwulf crossed opening the door, as soon as Luci was in, he would motion toward the booth at the back corner nearer to the kitchen. This was a professional thing, he wanted to have a good line of escape if something were to happen and he didn't like his back facing the outside.

"Order what you want and tell me about this search of yours..."
^
Luci
 Posted: Oct 18 2016, 03:53 PM

N/A
8 posts
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

She'd caught sight of the firearm that poked out from Gerwulf's pants behind him, but it wasn't her first time seeing a gun, nor her first time facing off one in a fight, so it held no fear for her. The only thing she could gather from it was that he was not only dangerous but also dealing in dangerous business, this could get interesting. Just as they crossed the street, Luci noticed a large lack mass darting from the corner back into another alleyway.

"Hrm," one of her voices muttered. Luci felt a little nudge to investigate but the mass didn't seem to return or show up anywhere, yet. But she took note of it, or well, one of her took a note of it.

But for now, food! And the place he brought her too smelled strongly of reused oil and the acrid scent of coffee, really intense reached her unprepared nose. And strong as in reeeallly strong, it assaulted her senses for a moment and she stumbled back a little at the door before stumbling forwards with some effort. Oh dear God, that was like a punch in the nose face. It had been so long since she last walked into one of these establishments, and it was just as smelly if not smellier than the ones she'd snuck into years ago.

"Buhlalalala," she said making a weird face.

Gerwulf motioned towards the back of the diner, right up to the goddamn kitchen.

"Really, there, REALLY?!" another voice yelled in disgust, "Right in the goddamn red zone, we better not come out smelling as bad or I'll be retching for weeks."

"You CAN'T retch, idiot!"

She finally managed to force herself to to the table and plant herself down firmly in the chair, her back facing the restaurant. The sheer strength of the motion made the chair screech painfully across the floor and a few inches into it too. Earning her a few stares from the other diners.

"I'll haaaave...whatever doesn't stink of slick, urgh, what is this place?"
she didn't even bother hiding her disgust. The other guests scowled at her lack of etiquette.

This post has been edited by Luci: Oct 21 2016, 04:34 AM
^
Gerwulf Brandt
 Posted: Oct 26 2016, 09:03 AM

N/A
97 posts
Were-wolf
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

It smelled like progress to him, then again, his sense of smell was heightened to the point where he could tell that there was a congealed rat dead under one of the cookers. Probably stuck in the grease and starved, but he didn't say a thing. No matter what he ate, he'd never really get sick and he was used to the decay of big cities, it wasn't the same when he moved out and about. Food was food, meat was pleasure and with that he ordered for them both. Pancakes and a slice of pie for her, neither fried nor touched the stove top. Gerwulf on the other hand ordered a burger with three extra patties and a pack of link sausages with a side of coleslaw. Usually he didn't go for slaw, but given that nowadays people cared about vitamins and other things, he guessed he'd need something plant based other than wheat from his bun.

"This is a Diner, Luci. Stop making faces, you'll get used to this place like all the others. If you think this is bad, let me tell you, you've not even scratched the surface of modern civilized society"

Giving that statement a once over in his mind never even occurred to him, he just added an glass of milk and two waters for drinks. The waitress looked a tad confused, but shrugged it off before going back toward the Diner's kitchen. Licking his lips in anticipation, he blinked his eyes at Luci and wondered what a strange little thing she was. No wonder she was skin and bone, given how adverse to food she was. Perhaps it was just that she was raised as a naturalistic one or something. Maybe he should have just ordered her a raw steak, literally from the fridge inside. It wasn't usually allowed due to health regulations, but he was persuasive in his own right.

This post has been edited by Drakol: Oct 26 2016, 09:03 AM
^
Luci
 Posted: Nov 1 2016, 03:36 PM

N/A
8 posts
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

It had actually been so long time since she had last had this, or anything like this for that matter, that she had pretty much forgotten the taste. The sentiment was enjoyable but it did little to sate her. Seeing Gerwulf devouring his burger did remind her of Daphe when he was feeding, except with restraint. Since there were no house rules in the realm of beasts. Gerwulf had a strange habit of licking his lips every once in a while, especially when he looked at her, could it be...ooh blueberries! She was instantly taken with the only thing that wasn't cooked, sprinkled generously on the pancakes, that's better. However the pie, what must've been apple was less impressive, no doubt, processed beyond recognition of the original fruit, corrupted with the tang of tin from which it surely must have come from. All the voices, every single one protested against the defilement but she continued eating until she could bear it no longer. With a look of disapproval, she pushed her plater away and sat silently until her new companion had finished his meal.
They left the diner, Luci exiting first while Gerwulf, true to his word, paid for the meal.
"Icky"
"Nauseating"
"Is that a sick coming up?"
"Uh oh"

Propelled forward by the force of the motion, Luci rushed to the corner of the building and unloaded her meal directly onto the pavement. Until she was left retching. And this was why she never ate from dodgy diners. She wiped the mess from her mouth and turned just as the door opened with that nostalgic ding. She staggered back along the wall as Gerwulf stepped out.

"That wasn't good, how sure are you this diner is even clean?"

They were either screaming at her or laughing at her, she couldn't tell through the rabble.

This post has been edited by Luci: Nov 1 2016, 03:37 PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

tagbox

USE YOUR OUT OF CHARACTER ALIAS WHEN POSTING IN THE TAGBOX.
Please provide a link to the thread and the user/character tagged.
You may bump a thread once every five days.

Listed At
Affiliates
RPG-D Distant Fantasies
Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows www.AbaddonCity.com 18+
skinned by josh dun of shine, cc, wecode, and ctw. cfs by black @ code