RAYVEN'S REIGN
an 18+ fantasy sandbox rpg
Switch Account

Pages: (12) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Where Dragon's Roam... (p), Ingwe/Shyael
Shyael Tlanbourn
 Posted: Jul 30 2015, 10:15 AM

N/A
84 posts
Elf
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

This was her first visit to Sydney, Australia. She should have come here decades ago. It was amazing. Not just the city and it's zoo, but the country. So much wild left. She wouldn't be surprised if there were dozens of types of non-humans living out in the bush with the Aborigines. She unlocked the key to the cage and stepped inside where the female Komodo dragon lay under a light muscle relaxer. It wasn't enough to knock her out, but it was enough for Shy to check and make sure she was in good health to breed and have her moved to the vet area at the zoo. These huge dragon like lizards were known for attacking people so there was no other option. It was possible even drugged, she could still get hurt, but it was less likely if she was careful.

The blonde stepped up to the dragon who looked at her lazily, just curious what she was. The huge lizard was gnawing at something and Shy thought she smelled blood. Frowning, she stepped around to the other side of her. The big girl hissed at her and she froze, giving her time to settle before she saw what was wrong. She had gotten her foot caught in the drain for her enclosure. The relaxant had her too weak to actually pull it free and she was trying to chew her way out. 'Shhhhhh, it's alright girl. Let me help you." She kept herself calm as she reached her hand out and put it on the grate where her foot was trapped. Shyael didn't even think twice, she could help and she was going too. It wasn't like anyone could see what she was doing. They'd just think she pulled her free.

Opening her power, a bit like a faucet, she let just the tiniest bit of power out, focused on the grate to get her foot free. One of her fingers was actually on the lizards foot. When it happened, she felt it. It was like her stomach jerked to the front of her body as her transmutation power decided to take on a life of it's own. "No... no.. no... you've done so good for months now... no." She tried to pull it back, but it was like the handle on her faucet broke off and she just couldn't stop the flow of magic. She gasped as the grate did turn to dust, but the komodo dragon was beginning to grow and change. Shy stumbled back with a gasp as the thing roared in a way that lizards shouldn't be able too. "Not good. Not good."

Why did she have her whole life together except for this?!? She had money, she had nice things, a good job, but when her power game into play, nope. Something went wrong far too often. The dragon was getting so big now that she was going to get crushed. She ducked under it's leg and bailed out the door, backing away, staring into the enclosure, eyes wide as the beast began to strain the walls holding it. There was a loud explosion of glass and wood, sending Shyael flying backwards hard into a wall as she tried to shield her face. She was stunned from the blow, laying there gasping for air as she stared up at the former lizard. She now looked more like her name sake, a dragon. Wings were slowly forming from her back as the creature raged and clouds of ice and mist came from her nostrils. Oh... not good. Better than fire?? Maybe. She scrambled up and away from the mess that she had made, not sure what to do. "I need help... but... there's no one. Ok, think Shyael. Think. You have to turn her back, or kill her. Try turning first." Turning back toward the dragon she started to go towards it, but at that moment it flapped it's wings and moved more into the zoo, multiplying the people screaming and running in terror. "Wings. Why did it have to have wings?!? Alright, Shy, get your shit together." She sighed and ran her hands into her hair with a groan, completely lost on how to fix this.
^
Ingwe Elendil
 Posted: Jul 30 2015, 11:39 AM

N/A
161 posts
Elf
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Ingwe had heard news of baby kangaroos in the Sydney zoo somewhere a week ago. And, being bored and unemployed anyway, he decided it would be fun to go and see them with his own eyes. Thus the mage had set off and a week later he was standing in front of the baby kangaroo's, smiling at the cuteness that unfolded in front of his eyes. That was, until he got interrupted rather rudely. Screams of terror arose everywhere around him. People started to run towards the exit, pushing at one another to get away from whatever had frightened them. Chaos emerged all around him, causing him to frown and scratch the back of his head. And that is when he heard the roar. A roar all too familiar to an elf whose roots were planted in the land of the dragons. He turned towards the kangaroo's with an apologetic look in his eyes and sighed. "I am sorry but I have to go. I'll be around longer next time." What? Leaving without saying goodbye would be rude.

More people ran past him, just as Ingwe turned around and shook his hands up; as if he was shaking them out of wide sleeves. Old habit that died hard, he did it quite often, even when he wore normal t-shirts. His blue eyes trailed upwards, to the sky, where he just caught a glimpse of the (relatively small) dragon, swooshing quickly over his head. The beast roared again, lowered it's head and spat out thousands of razor sharp shards of ice. It froze everything it touched immediately; making a thick trail of white ice in the middle of the zoo. Trashcans, benches, lamppost; everything got covered in a glistening white. "Well that's something you don't see every day." At least not here you didn't.

For a few more seconds, Ingwe just stood there, unmoving, just following the dragon with his eyes. How had it got here? It was curious to say in the least. It didn't look much like any known species to him either. Had it been summoned? By who then? His thoughts got interrupted by yet another scream. High pitched and panicked. "Lisa no!" Quick the mage's eyes dropped, towards the young girl who ran opposite of the exit. In her childish enthusiasm she was calling out something about ice cream and ran straight for the raging dragon. The beast spotted the child and roared again. Threw its head down and spat out another blast of ice. Instinct quickly took over. Ingwe threw his hand forwards, throwing an orb of energy towards the child and her mother, who just picked her up off the ground. The orb engulfed the two just in time, shielded them from the ice ray that now went around it like water around a rock. It all happened so very fast. Ingwe stepped forwards, and in a powerful voice, louder than the voice of a man should be, edged with a growl, he called out. "Stiildus tum, dii fahdon! Stilldus!" It was the language of dragons. Taught to him by his dragon teacher, whose voice was edging his own as he summoned her strength for him to use. the invocation quickly worked. It made the dragon turn around in mid-air.

It's wings flapped a few more times and then it landed, shaking the ground as its full weight hit the ground. Again it roared, wildly and raging and ran straight for Ingwe now. Who didn't even move a muscle. All the mage did was put his hand out in front of him and waited for the rampaging dragon to reach him. And when it did, the mighty beast lowered its head. It sniffed Ingwe's hand carefully, looked at him directly and then pushed its nose against the palm of Ingwe's hand. He laughed softly, and now that he was physically touching the beast, it became clear what had happened. "Ah I see. You figured to put fake it until you make it to the next level huh?" He laughed softly, petting the dragon over its scales. "It's alright. Let's see.... There." And just as the beast had started to grow, it now started to shrink. Within only a few seconds of time the dragon was a komodo dragon again, hissing at the strange mage standing in front of him. Ingwe waved his fingers and whispered "dearme", after which the komodo dragon felt into a peaceful sleep. He smiled at the animal and looked up, right at the mother and her child. "Thank you sir, I don't know-"

He didn't let her finish though. Again the mage waved his fingers and spoke what he hoped to be his final commanding spell for the day. "Glan." Both of their faces went blank as he wiped the memories of what they had seen him do. The woman looked around confused and then continued to do the last thing she could remember; flee in terror for a strange dragon-like creature.

Stiildus tum, dii fahdon. Stiildus - calm down, my friend. Calm.
^
Shyael Tlanbourn
 Posted: Jul 30 2015, 12:02 PM

N/A
84 posts
Elf
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

People were screaming and running through the zoo and Shy wished she could help them. All she could do was think and try to direct them to the exits. She was wearing a zoo radio and could hear the workers frantically trying to figure out what had happened and why the lizard house was destroyed. Shy's face was red with shame and embarrassment. This was all her fault. She should have just called for help and got one of the workers to help her get the lizards foot free. Why did she always mess up when she was trying to help?!? She urged a couple towards the exit and turned following the path of ice that the dragon was leaving.

As she turned a corner, she saw the little girl screaming about ice cream and her mother chasing her. Shy took a step to go after them when the strangely calm blonde man cast a barrier around them, saving them from the ice. Her green eyes darted to the man again, knowing he wasn't human even though she wasn't close enough to tell exactly what he was. He turned his focus on the dragon, yelling at it in an insanely loud voice. There was no way that he was anything other than some sort of magic user. Tall, blonde, very commanding as he spoke. He was an elf. He had to be. She stood at the corner of the building she had been about to go around, watching as he dealt with the dragon.

When he had wiped the woman and child's memories, she leaned around the building, her hair spilling to the side as she peaked at him with wide eyes. Very slowly, she walked towards him. "Uhm... hello? I... uhm... thank you. You're a mage right?" She clasped her hands in front of her stopping a little bit away from him. "If you hadn't of helped her, they would have killed her. I didn't mean for this to happen. She's a good dragon, she didn't deserve to die." She stepped up to the now normal looking animal and knelt down, running her hand down the reptiles side. "I've made such a mess. All I wanted to do was get her foot unstuck from the grate." She looked back up at him and stood up. "How can I repay you for your help?" She tucked her hair behind her glamored ears, gazing at him with wide eyes, clearly impressed at how easily he had handled the situation. Maybe he could teach her... she couldn't ask him that right after him doing this.
^
Ingwe Elendil
 Posted: Jul 30 2015, 01:09 PM

N/A
161 posts
Elf
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Now, Ingwe had planned to wipe the memory of everybody who had seen him, then search for whatever had caused this. And that plan got utterly ruined the very moment the mage laid eyes on the woman standing in front of him. A deep frown ceased his eyebrows and for a moment, all he could do was stand there and stare at her, looking at the young lady like a chimpanzee behind glass. "I eh... Well... Wait, dead? No, no she's just asleep. I wouldn't..." He looked around him hastily and it seemed like the mage who had so easily transformed the dragon back into a komodo dragon had vanished. Instead the man across Shy was stuttering and didn't seem to know what to do with his body. He just awkwardly turned around a little, shifting on his feet and hoping she didn't see the blush that had just crept onto his cheeks. "You said that already didn't you? Well... yes. Maybe we should bring her back first."

To wherever she had came from. What? Ingwe just didn't know how to deal with strangers asking him about being a mage. Especially not really pretty strangers! "I suppose you could help me with that then. Yes." Without truly waiting for an answer he sagged through his knees and clumsily managed to put his hands underneath the komodo dragon. He started to lift her up already, only to realize the other elf wasn't helping him. Blue eyes darted up at her. "Come on now, chop chop, we don't have all day before the journalists arrive here. Or the rest of the zoo staff. Deal with this mess first, talk later." And he could barely lift a heavy lizard like this alone without the use of magic, so she'd better help him with that.
^
Shyael Tlanbourn
 Posted: Jul 30 2015, 04:24 PM

N/A
84 posts
Elf
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Shy noticed he was staring at her a bit oddly, but she couldn't blame him, she'd come out of no where. Not to mention she'd turned a lizard into a dragon and nearly killed dozens of people. He seemed to misunderstand her comment and she started to clarify, but he seemed to catch up with the situation and she smiled. He asked for her help and she nodded yes, expecting him to just follow her or wait for her to go get something to put her on to take her back, but he knelt down across from her and began to try to pick the huge beast up. She was staring at him when he snapped her out of it and told her to hurry. "Oh, right, sorry. I... sorry." She moved around so she could slip her arms under the lizard.

Shyael groaned as they stood up and then motioned with her head back the way she came. "She was supposed to breed with a male, we'll go ahead and put her in his cage. Maybe they won't figure out it was her." Sighing, she adjusted her grip, turning a corner under a sign that said "Reptile House". "There's no hope that they didn't know what happened. I mean there are video camera's everywhere. They'll know I was in there. They'll see her start to grow. I'd been doing so good too." She realized she was rambling and she glanced at him as she guided him through some doors where they could get to the males enclosure. "Sorry, nothing this major has ever gone wrong for me before. It's got me a bit... nervous."

Once they were inside the males area and the female put down, she guided him out into the main hall, locking the doors behind her. She glanced from the lizards to the mage and then down at the floor. "Do you mind if I ask how you did that? It looked so simple for you to change her back." She wanted to say 'can you teach me to do that' but she bit it back. He might decide to yell at her at any moment. She didn't know who he was or what he was exactly, so she decided it was best to wait and see how he reacted.
^
Ingwe Elendil
 Posted: Jul 31 2015, 09:44 AM

N/A
161 posts
Elf
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Ingwe laughed softly as they shuffled towards the other cage, feeling a tad uncomfortable holding a giant lizard like this. Boy she was a heavy one. "Don't worry about it too much dear. Fucking up is a part of being magical, without it, learning would become incredibly hard." Because you learned most from your mistakes. It wasn't a fun way to learn, oh he knew that by experience, but it was an effective one all the same. He groaned as the let the beast down, put his hands inside his back and pushed his hips forward, cracking his spine. "She does have a rather big ass doesn't she?" An awkward laugh left him, still rather unsure how to behave right now. It wasn't because somebody strange had confronted him with magic anymore. Oh no, this was because this one was an excruciatingly beautiful female specimen of their kind. And it made him a little nervous. Even if he'd never admit that out loud.

Instead he just walked past her and crossed his arms, waiting for the woman to close the door behind them. "Now if you can show me where to find this... Camera thing you mentioned, I'll see what I can do to help you with that. You know, from mage to mage." And because he found her pretty, but shh, don't tell. He wouldn't be able to wipe the memory of everybody who had seen the dragon, that was impossible. But knowing how humans were, they'd come up with some very vague explanation that nobody believed. Everybody would be obsessing over this for a week or two and after that the only ones to ever remember the dragon were conspiracy theorist and new agers. It was a system that worked well in his favor.

He smiled at her when she passed him, took a few steps back and motioned forwards with his arms. Once they were outside he looked around, quickly taking in what was going on around them. The zoo was being evacuated and the animal control came driving up, holding guns. Well, they were too late. "And it wasn't too difficult, really." He said, started to answer her once they were on their way again. "I simply evoked the power of a dragon I personally know. Used her power, channeled this into my own voice and shout an incantation at the dragon in their own language. Told her to calm down, after which she landed. Then, when I petted her, I felt the transmutation magic rushing through her energetical system, which I then simply absorbed." Of which the latter was the most difficult one, a skill he could do because of what he had done to his soul. "It was just a lot of spellweaving and putting the magic together." Ah. And he even made it sound easy.

This post has been edited by Ingwe Elendil: Jul 31 2015, 09:46 AM
^
Shyael Tlanbourn
 Posted: Jul 31 2015, 10:25 AM

N/A
84 posts
Elf
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Shyael smiled at him and laughed a little at his comment about the lizards ass. She needed that. It never crossed her mind that he was nervous. She thought he was just trying to relax her and she found it really kind of him. She smiled at him and double checked the door as he offered to help her with the video. The young elf stared at him open mouthed for a moment, like he'd grown a second head. "Really? You'll do that? You don't even know me though! Oh gods, I'm going to owe you so much. I promise I'll make it up to you. Thank you. Thank you." She stepped forward putting her hands on his crossed arms and kissed his cheek, smiling at him brightly.

He motioned for her to lead the way and she began to walk towards the security building. As he began to explain how he had helped the lizard and she stopped walking. The blonde turned wide green eyes to him. Was he serious? That wasn't difficult? That all sounded impossible. "You... you borrowed another dragon's power? How can you... you can do that? That's possible? And... how in all the gods names can you absorb a transmutation?!? Shouldn't it force you to change or something?" The amount of power he had must have been through the roof. She shook her head, looking the fit, handsome elf, she just couldn't imagine how he could contain that kind of power. It seemed like it would be oozing out his ears or something. "That's just... impressive."

She went back to walking, heading towards the building they needed. She tried to lead them around the various law officials. They might try to force them to leave, but they had to get that footage first. She scanned her badge and motioned him inside, shutting the door again. There were panels of computer equipment, monitors and the sound of computer fans spinning. "I"m not sure which one recorded her cage or that area...." She glanced around, but most of the televisions were static. She had no idea where they had been filming previously. "Can't you just... destroy all of them, just to make sure?" She had no idea how she'd thank him for this, but she had to figure out something.
^
Ingwe Elendil
 Posted: Jul 31 2015, 03:08 PM

N/A
161 posts
Elf
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

The kiss caused the elven mage to blush. A light pink color crept onto his cheeks, which he rubbed over with a sheepish smile, hoping that the elven girl wouldn't see. He smiled at her, pleased with how impressed she seemed to be. It was very flattering to hear. He had gone to great lengths to gain the power he had, so to be complimented about it was always nice. "Well. Clearly it is." And that was all he was going to tell her, at least for now he wasn't.

He followed her into the room where all the monitors were, where Ingwe started to walk around a bit. He glanced past his shoulder at her when she mentioned to just destroy all of them, a look of surprise clearly playing over his features. It soon turned to amusement though. "You want me to destroy all this monitoring equipment? While you work here?"[/color] He laughed, not hiding his amusement at this. "My, my, aren't you just full of surprises. Alright. I hope you know a way out then after this? I don't drive a car or anything."

That said the mage rised both of his hands, shaking them as if he shook back his sleeves. He followed the thin wires and strings of energy, the magic that was all around them. Felt the magnetic field of all the equipment that stood inside of her. Each string, every vibration, it all wove around him like a thick and invisible web. And then... he set it ablaze. One by one the monitors, computers and panels caught fire. Within a matter of seconds everything inside the room was destroyed. With a bright smile Ingwe looked back at the girl. "There. All done. Now I just have to say goodbye to the baby kangaroos and then you can arrange our big escape from the zoo." And no, he wasn't joking. He had to go by the baby kangaroos and say his goodbyes before they left. Thus, still smiling at her, he moved past her. Back outside, past all the chaos and the screaming people and towards the kangaroo cage. There he took place like he had before, scanned the area for the babies and then waved. "Bye babies. It was lovely meeting you. Grow big and strong."
^
Shyael Tlanbourn
 Posted: Jul 31 2015, 03:21 PM

N/A
84 posts
Elf
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

"I don't technically work here, I'm a contractor or a specialist. I was leaving tomorrow anyway." She shrugged, stepping back and looking out the door while he spoke about getting them out. "I can do that. I have a car and I just have to get my things from the hotel. Then I can find another one or head out of town. I can't thank you enough..." She trailed off as he set to work destroying the equipment. Well, there wouldn't be fingerprints or anything. It wasn't like the police were equipped to deal with magical attacks or crimes after all.

When he mentioned the baby kangaroo's she looked at him like he'd lost his mind. Once she opened the door he headed that way and she walked after him quickly. "I don't think the babies are going to know or care that you didn't say goodbye...." He clearly wasn't listening and soon they were at the display, him saying goodbye like they were going to speak. She knew that animals could communicate in their own way, but this was different. When he was done, she gave him a soft smile and grabbed his hand. "That was sweet of you." She began to hurry thought the 'employee only' section heading for the parking lot.

It was mostly empty since everyone had been evacuated and she raced for the car she had rented while in town. She pulled her keys out and unlocked the door sinking into the drivers seat. Gods, what a day. "What can I do to repay you? Do you need some place to stay? Can I take you somewhere, drop you off, something? I owe you far, far too much to not do something for you." She opened her mouth again to ask him if he could help show her how to stop her power from leaking like a drippy faucet at times, but she shut it again, deciding that now wasn't the time. It would wait. A bit at least.
^
Ingwe Elendil
 Posted: Jul 31 2015, 04:04 PM

N/A
161 posts
Elf
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Ingwe just smiled at her, letting everything that was going on just happen to him. What other choice did he have? Surely walking through Sydney alone wasn't as pleasant as her company. He buckled up his seatbelt the very moment he planted his ass inside the seat, looking up at the elven woman with a smile. "Well I am staying at Macleay Hotel. If you could drop me off there all will be good. That's really all you need to do to 'repay' me. I don't need payment." He saw it more or less as his duty to help a mage in need after all.

When she pulled out the mage sighed, looking sideways out of the window to the chaos that quickly got left behind them. He turned and turned his head, up until the point where he just couldn't twist his neck any further. Then he looked back at the elven girl sitting besides him. "I will miss those kangaroo's. I might just visit them in a year to see how they have grown. By the way... What is your name dear?"
^
Shyael Tlanbourn
 Posted: Jul 31 2015, 04:31 PM

N/A
84 posts
Elf
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

That wasn't enough. Just dropping him at his hotel? No. That wouldn't do. It wouldn't do at all. She just nodded for the moment though, thinking about what if anything she could do for him. She pulled out of the parking spot and out of the parking lot into traffic. He asked her name and she looked at him oddly for a moment before realizing what he'd asked. "My name is Shyael, but you can call me Shy if you'd rather. And you are?" This whole thing with making this up to him was going to drive her nuts.

Before he could really answer her, she was shaking her head. "I can't do it. I can't just drop you off and call it done. That's not right. It's not fair. I won't have it. I'm going to figure out something I can do for you to make this up to you." She sighed sitting at stop light, staring at it. "If I could have found another teacher to help me control this, then I never would have had to bother you. You could have enjoyed your visit and that poor lizard wouldn't have suffered." She sighed and shook her head, glancing over at him. "Let me buy you dinner at least? Something like that. A gift. Please?" Her green eyes stared at him, begging for him to let her do something as she realized she hadn't given him a chance to answer.

Dropping her head on the steering wheel she sighed. "I promise I'm not usually out of sorts like this. I didn't mean to interrupt you. You were going to tell me your name?" The traffic started moving and she lifted her head, smiling at him before looking back at the road.
^
Ingwe Elendil
 Posted: Jul 31 2015, 04:51 PM

N/A
161 posts
Elf
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Ingwe had just opened his mouth to reply to her, a chance he never got. As she started rambling about how it wouldn't do he slowly closed his mouth. A frown crawled onto his face and now it was his turn to look at her confused. Seriously? She wasn't kidding about this? Heh... Insisting on something he didn't want, now that was a strange way to show gratitude. Where he came from that was rude and respectless, to cast away what the other person said and still do it. Luckily for her his mother was long dead, or the woman would have appeared from the shadows right now and smack her on the head. "No, Shyael. I just want to be dropped off at my hotel."

Nothing personal, far from it, but he had absorbed a rather chaotic transmutation and was very eager to get rid of the side effects. Nothing too troubling, but he did want some privacy to do so. He smiled at her when she pulled into traffic again. "My name is Ingwe Navill Elendil. It is a pleasure to have met you, Shyael."
^
Shyael Tlanbourn
 Posted: Jul 31 2015, 05:10 PM

N/A
84 posts
Elf
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

A sigh left her when he once again said he just wanted to go back to his hotel. "if you're sure..." She knew where the hotel was and she moved through the traffic to take him that way. When he gave her his name, she glanced over at him a brow lifted. "Ingwe? As in the red mage of Sowelu?" She'd heard tales of him. How he was the most powerful mage to ever walk the earth, deeds that he had done. She had no idea how much of it might be made up and how much was true. She was in awe that she was in the car with this famous mage.

The hotel came into view and she spotted a small bakery a few buildings up. "I need to make a quick stop before I drop you off, I won't be but a moment." She pulled in and jumped out of the car, grabbing her wallet out of the console and taking the keys out of habit. She ran inside and ordered some chocolate pastries and two large hot teas. If he wouldn't let her do anything for him, she could certainly do something for 'both' of them. Walking back out to the car, she handed him a drink with a smile. "I need something horrible for me to relax, I got enough to share and got you a tea. I just couldn't get myself something and not get you one too. I hope you like chocolate and tea. Feel free to help yourself." She took a sip of her own tea and put the cup in the drink holder of the car, quite pleased with herself. "You're welcome to sit for a few minutes and enjoy these with me before you go inside if you want. In fact, if you don't mind, I'd like to ask you some more questions." She didn't want to take him to his hotel, but she knew that this was likely the limit of what she could get him to do. This mage wasn't someone to upset, that much she didn't need rumors for. Common sense said not to upset him.
^
Ingwe Elendil
 Posted: Jul 31 2015, 07:06 PM

N/A
161 posts
Elf
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Well, there wasn't much of a choice here it seemed. It started to annoy him to be honest. He wanted his private time and it was starting to get on his nerves that she just didn't seem to respect what he said. She just did what she wanted anyway, bouldering over the boundaries he had set like they just didn't matter. H knew it was because he had to wind down, get rid of excessive magic energy he had absorbed, that always made him a little more irritable. He was frowning when the girl got back inside the car, offering him tea and chocolate. That was sweet, or Ingwe at least thought she meant it to be so, but it annoyed him all the same. "Yes." He said, taking the tea from her. "Ingwe as in the red mage of Sowelu."

He sighed when the next question came, unable to suppress an eyeroll. "Yes, Shyael, I do mind. Like I said twice already, I just want you to drop me off at the hotel. But it's fine, I shall walk. Thank you for the tea, consider whatever you think you owe me paid in full." He didn't want to sit. He didn't want to relax in the car with her and answer questions about magic or his private life. All he wanted was to go to his hotel and enjoy some private time, was that honestly too much to ask? Just what was it with others feeling obliged to do things for you when you helped them, even if you didn't want those things? That just didn't make any sense.

This time it was he who didn't leave much time for reply. Instead he loosened his belt and got out of the car, throwing the door close behind him. He shook the sleeves that weren't there back and carefully brought the hot tea to his mouth, blew it and carefully sipped some of it inside. Then the blond mage turned towards Shyael again, raised his cup to her and started to walk back to his hotel as quick as his legs could carry him.
^
Shyael Tlanbourn
 Posted: Aug 1 2015, 09:54 AM

N/A
84 posts
Elf
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

The blonde just sat there staring at him as he got upset and told her he was walking back to the hotel. Oh no! No. Oh he was mad at her. Now how was she going to ask him about teaching her or giving her advice? She sighed as he got out. There wasn't enough time to stop him or say anything. When he lifted his cup to her, she just stared at him and watched him go. The elf watched him all the way to the entrance of the hotel before she pulled out and headed to her own hotel. Turning on the news, she groaned as they the news was going crazy about what had happened at the zoo.

At least they weren't suspecting that it was something that had happened to the lizard. They were trying to rationalize it away, saying the air conditioning system had malfunctioned and sent ice everywhere and the coolant leak had resulted in mass hallucinations. Thank the gods for humans and their denial that there was anything except them in the world. She couldn't get Ingwe out of her head. Not only was he the solution to her problems, but she'd upset him.... and it didn't hurt that he was extremely handsome. She hadn't seen one of her own kind in a long, long time either. Walking tot he window of her hotel, she stared out it deciding to move tomorrow instead of tonight. Sighing, she walked away from the window and got her computer out, setting up reservations for a new hotel for the next three days, until her flight to Singapore.

She couldn't sleep though, thinking about Ingwe. She felt so bad that she'd upset him when she was just trying to thank him. She finally dozed off, tossing and turning in her sleep. The next morning, she got up, showered and dressed before packing her bags and putting them in the car. The plan was to move hotels and then just go down tot he beach and relax for a while. Surely she couldn't do anything to horrible to sand and water right? As she drove down the street, she saw Ingwe's hotel and on impulse she pulled in and parked. This was probably a bad idea. He might just slam the door in her face or yell at her, but she was going to do it anyway. She got out of the car and headed into the hotel, stopping at the desk. Shy had forgotten to plan a way to get his hotel room number. She reached in her purse and pulled out the extra wallet she carried at work. It was a man's trifold and she smiled.

Walking up the desk she told the young man there that her brother had left his wallet in her car and she couldn't remember what room he was in. A little flirting later and she was on the elevator and on her way up. Taking a deep breath, she smoother hands down her dress and knocked on the door. If or when he opened it, she wouldn't give him much chance to say anything. "I came by to apologize for yesterday. I shouldn't have been so pushy. I just wanted to do something nice for you. I hope you can forgive me. I... I was also looking for an excuse to have a conversation with you because I need some help and... well... yeah... I shouldn't have done that." She stared at him for a moment before she tucked her hair behind her ear, playing with the necklace she wore and looking at the floor, a little red faced.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (12) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply

tagbox

USE YOUR OUT OF CHARACTER ALIAS WHEN POSTING IN THE TAGBOX.
Please provide a link to the thread and the user/character tagged.
You may bump a thread once every five days.

Listed At
Affiliates
RPG-D Distant Fantasies
Edolon:A Tournament of Shadows www.AbaddonCity.com 18+
skinned by josh dun of shine, cc, wecode, and ctw. cfs by black @ code